[NEohioPAL] Vanity Crash's 5th Release "Phantasmagoria" - Sat Sept 23 - The Bop Stop

Dennis Van Crash via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 30 08:51:03 PDT 2017

Through lots of sweat, tears and fists, our 5th release is done and we are super proud of how it sounds. We have assembled a fantastic release extravaganza Saturday, September 23 at 7pm at the Bop Stop. So mark your calendars and save the date!!!

We want to give you, our supporting fan, a bit of a sneak preview inside story around this record. The title is "Phantasmagoria", which means a series of images that evoke an altered reality dream-like state. That is what we have worked to achieve with the songs on the record.

1 - I think I was tripping when I wrote the title track, I don’t really remember putting it to paper, but I do love the imagery the words create. So close your eyes, then give me your mind when you listen to it.

2- "So It Seem" is the altered state of reality we are living in. Is life as good as it appears? Are there demons lurking in the cracks and crevices watching us? I don’t want to spook you, but keep your eyes pealed.

3 - I was in a band long ago called System 56 and I loved a song we performed called "Life On A Cool Curve". It was written by Steve Simenic. We transformed back to an 80’s feel to uncover this gem and remind you that it is empowering to be different.

4 - Thomas penned "Emily Dickenson", the story about a one-night stand with a writer whose name is similar to Emily Dickinson. We ramped up the punk factor for your pleasure on this ditty.

5 - We close out with "Angel & Me", a melancholy study of two young lost souls and their friends on a nothing-to-do night. They’re struggling to figure out how they fit in today, and even more so, how they fit in tomorrow. This song has a guest appearance by Bowie’s long running pianist Mike Garson.

Because visual themes are integral to the music of "Phantasmagoria", we worked with notable local artists to develop a graphic-novel-like album cover. The graphic novel artists include Gary & Laura Dumm, best known for their decades-long relationship with Harvey Pekar, Jim "The Rev" Giar, Ashley Ribblett, Clare Kolat and Tim Switalski. These artists are amazing and to celebrate their genius, before our performance on Sat Sept 23, we will present an art exhibit at 7pm of the cover art and related works by these cool artists.

Saturday, September 23, 7:00pm
$10 - All Ages
Bop Stop – 2920 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44113

http://www.vanitycrash.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/vanitycrash
http://www.facebook.com/VanityCrash
https://mkt.com/vanity-crash