[NEohioPAL] Act-It UP! Community Theatre Auditions

Shari Schneider via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Sep 4 19:03:45 PDT 2017

*Act-It UP! Community Theatre announces auditions for the 2017 fall
production....*

*"A Suessified Christmas Carol"*
*A Comedy By*
Peter Bloedel

*Produced by special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.*
*(www.playscripts.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playscripts.com%2F&h=ATMmFtIUgYAeyST2pTVOQB2J6x3A_VcKcMkSbNqTO6Eqd35mIBL_dBv_Kms0BzZhvYYMeRy7qcTnNa5ZUvWKfEkJ71b6nkDi3cJR73ZgixNfrgWsq_fBpjAypKo29t5Z5R5ou2NUpv0ytKYEN4lYbCoTrSHxbDveSwe_9r__M7Ebu551FKzsMsdMwjGEXA>)*

*About the story:*
A whimsical reinvention of Dickens' most beloved Christmas story in Seuss
spoken rhyming couplets. With zoot fruited juices and binka bird geese,
from Bed-Headed Fred to Timmy Loo Hoo, this tale of glorious holiday cheer
is similar to something Dr. Suess might have come up with --if he had ever
had his way with the story.

*Items of Importance:*
We are seeking a multi-generational cast of both males and females, ages 7
and up. All roles are open and auditions will consist of cold reads from
the script. Act-It UP! Community Theatre engages in the practice of
non-traditional casting.

Rehearsals will occur on *Wednesday* and *Thursday* evenings *(unless
otherwise noted on the rehearsal schedule)* and we ask that everyone
auditioning bring their calendars with them to declare potential conflicts.
Please consider carefully that if you are granted a role, the larger the
role, the more rehearsals required. It is especially important to limit
conflicts when further along in the rehearsal process and during Dress &
Tech Week.

*Dress & Tech Week:*
November 27th - November 30th (Final Dress)

*Performance Dates/Times:*
Friday, December 1st, 7pm (Opening)
Saturday, December 2nd, 4:30pm
Sunday, December 3rd, 6pm

Act-It UP! Community Theatre welcomes actors of all experience levels, from
beginner to professional. We enjoy sharing the magic of theatre and are
always seeking to grow our Act-It UP! family. Whether you like best to work
behind the scenes or in front of the curtain, we invite you to join us!

Act-It UP! Community Theatre is an organization comprised of volunteers
from within the congregation and the community. After expenses, any profits
earned from ticket sales support the future of the theatre group and/or any
special fundraising project as agreed upon by the committee.

--
"I have finally reached the wonderful point in my life where I know exactly
Email:  act.it.up.theater at gmail.com