[NEohioPAL] AUDITION: 2 Roles open for Frankenstein 1930

James Charpie via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Sep 6 10:33:20 PDT 2017

East Cleveland Theater (ECT) is hosting auditions for "Frankenstein 1930" ,
written by Fred Carmichael.  We are currently short one young girl, and a
father figure.

 *Synopsis:*

An adaptation of the classic novel by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.
Although this adaptation was published in 1996, the play is set in the
1930s.

*The Roles:*

Both roles that are open only appear in Act II, near the end of the show.
They are both speaking roles.  We are looking for an *actual*
father/daughter or uncle/niece to fill these roles ... or at the very
least, for the two actors to know each other prior to rehearsals.  The
father figure must be able to carry the young girl.

This would be a great bonding time for a *actual *father/daughter or *an
actual* uncle/niece ... and the roles would be great for a first timers on
stage ... or just a quick addition to one's resume.  Rehearsals would be
once a week until the Tech Week.

*Maria**: *She is 6 to 10 years old, has one page of dialogue, and appears
later on stage dead.

*Korda: *He is the father figure, and has two pages of dialogue.

*Auditions: Please call (330-416-1311) or email
(jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater) to set up an audition time.*

*Director: Michael A Lenzo*

*Michael is making quite a name for himself, starting off with "Dracula" in
2015, followed by "The Fall of the House of Usher" in 2016, which won
Broadway World's first place award in the category Best Production of a
Comedy or Drama.*

*Show Dates:*

*Opening: Friday, October 06, 2017*

*Closing: Sunday, October 29, 2017*

*Shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (12 shows total)*

*Friday and Saturday shows start at 8pm*

*Sunday shows start at 3pm*

*Rehearsals:*

We are currently in rehearsals.  Sundays, from 3 to 7pm and Mondays thru
Wednesdays, from 6:30 to 9:30pm.

As stated earlier, these two characters would only need to come once a
week, and then all of Tech Week.

Tech Week starts Sunday, October 01, at 2pm.  There will be rehearsals
every night before we open on Friday, October 06.  Attendance is mandatory
during tech week.

*East Cleveland Theater is a community theater celebrating its 49th
Season.  Our actors, like most of our personnel, are unpaid volunteers.  We
hope you will join us as we entertain and challenge our audiences.  If you
have questions, please call James Charpie at 330-416-1311
<%28330%29%20416-1311>, or email me at **jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org
<jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org>**.*

*East Cleveland Theater*
*14108 Euclid Avenue*