[NEohioPAL] "Hold Equifax Accountable" Petition

Zoldessy, Brian via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Sep 12 08:47:44 PDT 2017

Hold Equifax Accountable!

As of now, the petition has received 120,313 signatures! To really make a difference, we need a lot more people to join in. Can you share this petition with all your friends?

Click here to share it on Facebook:

Share on Facebook<http://petitions.moveon.org/fb_share?user_id=5885470&petition_id=124772&source=s.fb.ty&medium=email&mailing=thank_you>

Then, forward the email below to everyone you know.

Thanks!

—Bob Mincberg

Here's a sample message to send to your friends:

Hi,

You and people you know may be impacted by the inadequate precautions taken by Equifax. Their response has been to offer a free one-year service and then they profit from their behavior by offering their service for a fee. Equifax needs to be held accountable for their action--that's why they need to provide unlimited service to all those impacted by the recent security breach.

That's why I signed a petition to Rick Smith, Chairman and CEO, Equifax and Marisa Salcines, Media Relations, Equifax, which says:

"Equifax was entrusted with consumers' personal information, including Social Security numbers and other sensitive data, but the company has broken that trust by having a weak data security system. Equifax's response to the cyberattack has been to offer a free, one-year credit-monitoring service, which provides no guarantee that those who are impacted will not still be affected after one year. We demand that you, as Equifax's CEO, offer a free, lifetime credit-monitoring service to those who are impacted by Equifax's inadequate security."

Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/hold-equifax-accountable?source=s.fwd&r_by=5885470

Thanks!