[NEohioPAL] IMPROV DROP-INS! -MARC MORITZ (AEA,MFA) -INSTRUCTOR

Marc Moritz via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Sep 13 13:37:49 PDT 2017

*Greetings All!*

Miss me?
I missed YOU!

*Let's solve that with a brand spanking new FALL 2017 Session!*

*Even though descriptions are the same- every class will be geared to who
shows up!*

*Our wildly successful **IMPROV DROP- IN CLASSES!   **RETURN!*

Offering *Weekly IMPROV Drop-In Classes* for those with a Fear of
Commitment!

*                  CONVENIENT LOCATION TBD! **CONVENIENT LOCATION TBD!
**CONVENIENT
LOCATION TBD! **CONVENIENT LOCATION TBD!*

*SIX WEEKS. *

*TONS OF SKILLS.*

*WHO*: Instructor: *Marc Moritz , MFA, Master Teacher,*

*Second City, ImprovOlympic -Trained*

*WHERE: *

*WHEN: Saturdays / 11am-12:30pm*

*DATES: OCTOBER : 7, 14, 21, 28, NOVEMBER 4, 11*

*COST: $10.00/Class - (Take one. Take 'em all!)*

* CONVENIENT LOCATION TBD! CONVENIENT LOCATION TBD! CONVENIENT LOCATION
TBD! CONVENIENT LOCATION TBD! *

*SIX WEEKS. *

*HEY OLD TIMERS:*

*Bring a Friend to the first class and pay $5 for that class! *

*These Drop-In Classes focus on the basics of performance improvisation.
Topics covered include: agreement (“yes and”); active listening; using the
environment; basic narrative skills; understanding stage status; and making
your fellow improviser look good. Students learn how to initiate scenes,
build upon their scene partners' offers, and create scenes with a solid
foundation.*

*SATURDAY , OCTOBER 7*
*IMPROV TOOLBOX*
Addresses Basic Improv Principles. Rules, Terminology, Listening, Truth,
and other Basics. Perfect for Beginners or those needing a refresher.

*SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14*

*GAMES! GAMES! GAMES!*

Learn and Play Improv Games/Structures. Every Improviser needs an arsenal
of these.

*SATURDAY, *
*OCTOBER 21*

*BUILDING CHARACTER*

All solid Improv work is grounded in strong Character work. Learn to deepen
and heighten those choices.

*SATURDAY, *
*OCTOBER 28*

*WHERE AM I? - ENVIRONMENTS & OBJECT WORK*

The foundation of honest Improv Scene Work. We will address the importance
of creating specific "wheres".

*SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4*

*WALKING & TALKING - SCENE WORK STRATEGIES*

We dive into the elements of 2-Person Scenes and avoiding the "Talking
Heads" Syndrome.

*SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11*

*PUTTING IT TOGETHER - SCENE BY SCENE - LONG-FORM *

Fully-Integrated, Connected, Scenes. A great culmination in the work.

*FOR FURTHER INFO/QUESTIONS....*

*CONTACT: MARC MORITZ *

  *marcmoritz at gmail.com*