[NEohioPAL] Confucius Institute Seeks Emcee Volunteers for our 10th Annual Teacher Appreciation Day

Rob Daniels via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Sep 13 13:32:15 PDT 2017

Are you someone who enjoys foreign cultures? Do you revel at the
opportunity to become involved with new, and exciting cultural experiences? The
Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University is seeking one talented,
energetic person with Emcee skills, and experience for our 10th Annual
Teacher Appreciation Day.

The Confucius Institute is an organization cosponsored by The Cleveland
State University, and the Chinese government that promotes Chinese language
and culture in the city. Our Teacher Appreciation Day event is one of the
biggest events we hold throughout the year. Our goal is to recognize, and
honor local teachers who work to promote Chinese language, culture, and
education in the city of Cleveland. This event is usually attended by
hundreds of people, is covered by local news media outlets, and has
involvement from the offices of both Mayor Frank Jackson, and Congresswoman
Maria Fudge.

            The Confucius Institute is seeking one, highly energetic,
entertaining, and experienced person to serve as an Emcee for the ceremony
that is held, as part of the Teacher Appreciation Day event. This would be
an unpaid opportunity, however, the Confucius Institute will provide our
talented volunteer with both lunch, and a certificate of participation.

            The date of the event is Thursday, September 28th, from
10:00am- 1:30pm. Information in regards to the educators being honored on
the day will be provided that we ask our emcee become familiar with; but we
are looking for a candidate who would be comfortable adding their own,
family friendly type of flavor to the presentation. We would also ask for
our emcee to come in to our offices prior to the event, in order to meet
with Zijie Li, the project coordinator for the Confucius Institute, in
order to discuss the events of the day, and any further details in regards
to expectations about the emcee. For more information about the Confucius
Institute, any interested parties can go to our website here:
http://www.csuohio.edu/confucius/confucius . Or, further information about
the Teacher Appreciation Day itself can be found here:
https://www.csuohio.edu/confucius/teacher-appreciation-day

            This is an exciting event, and will provide a great opportunity
for one person who enjoys participating in cultural events. If the event
sounds interesting to you, but are not interested in emcee duties, we are
also looking for several other volunteers to help throughout the day, with
various tasks throughout the event. Anyone interested in either being the
emcee for this exciting event, or a general volunteer can email their
questions, or, if interested in emcee duties, a brief resume to Rob
Daniels, the Graduate Assistant for the Confucius Institute, at
theraubb at gmail.com, or you can email the Project Coordinator for the
Confucius Institute directly at l.li89 at csuohio.edu .

            We hope to hear from you!

Best,

Rob Daniels,

Graduate Assistant, The Confucius Institute, Cleveland State University