[NEohioPAL] AU Theatre Announces 17/18 Season: Building Bridges from Greek to Seuss

Tricia Applegate via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Sep 18 12:28:33 PDT 2017

Ashland University Theatre
announcing the
2017.2018 Season: Building Bridges

>From the ancient Greeks to Dr. Seuss, we are reminded to think of, respect
and care for others and those who may not be like ourselves. In light of
our current national climate as well as the College of Arts & Sciences
Symposium
Against Indifference
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AshlandUniversityMus/9c6fb6ce5e/23dd11305b/dbc6aa4562>
(whose
theme for 2017.2018 is "Building Bridges through Dialogue"), the theatre
season will provide opportunities to better understand ourselves and others
with performances that encourage dialogue about challenges in our world
today.

*Leveling Up*
by Deborah Zoe Laufer
Directed by Teresa Durbin-Ames
*Oct. 11-14 at 7:30 p.m. | Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. | Studio Theatre*
Three twenty-something roommates are glued to their video games. While they
are masters in the virtual world, they are not as successful in the real
world. When one of them uses his gaming skills to land a job with the
National Security Agency launching actual drones and missiles, online
battles begin to have real consequences.

*WARNING: Contains Adult Language and Content!*

*The Trojan Women*
by Euripides, Trans. by Richmond Lattimore
Directed by Robert Sean Parker
*Nov. 8-11 at 7:30 p.m. | Nov. 12 at 2 p.m. | Studio Theatre*
When the Greek armies built a giant horse and hid inside it to defeat Troy
and win the Trojan war, do you wonder what happened to the Trojan women
whose husbands, fathers and sons were killed in the war? In this timeless
story about the victims of war, what tragic fates await these women who
were taken from their land as slaves or concubines?

*Seussical*
Music by Stephen Flaherty | Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Based on the Works of Dr. Seuss
Directed by Teresa Durbin-Ames
*Feb. 16, 17, 23, 24 at 7:30 p.m. | Feb. 18 at 2 p.m. | Hugo Young Theatre*
One of the most performed shows in America, Seussical is a fantastical,
magical, musical extravaganza! All of our favorite Dr. Seuss characters are
brought to life including Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, Gertrude
McFuzz,
lazy Mayzie and a little boy with a big imagination.

*Opening Night Receptions*
Immediately following each opening night performance (Oct. 11,Nov. 8, Feb.
16), join us for a free reception to celebrate and meet the cast and crew.

*ORDER SEASON TICKETS
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AshlandUniversityMus/9c6fb6ce5e/23dd11305b/961f4b3055/p=65f0dd59c989b353abc273df81d8f804&t=package>
*
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AshlandUniversityMus/9c6fb6ce5e/23dd11305b/b3ee68236d/t=tix&w=bfb3bdf8d62fe1c0197c337a47ba0646>