[NEohioPAL] The North Canton Playhouse announces auditions for "Orphan Train"

North Canton Playhouse via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Sep 22 09:51:39 PDT 2017

The NORTHCANTON PLAYHOUSE

Center forthe Performing Arts

  Is pleased to announce the next show in our “SPOTLIGHTON YOUTH” program!

S.O.Y. isan educational outreach that presents dramatic plays to students

in schoolsthroughout Stark County and surrounding area schools.

Educatingstudents through the ARTS!

We willbe holding auditions for “ORPHAN TRAIN”Friday Oct. 6th at 6:30pm and Sat.Oct. 7th at 3:00pm

To sign up for AUDITIONS or for questions or more information,

email Delorna Toy:  delornatoy at gmail.com

        AUDITIONS will be held at NCP’s Main Stage @ 525 7th STN.E.  North Canton

(on theHoover High school campus)

ROLESinclude:   4- males ages 13-18, 5- femalesages 9-16, or can pass for these

  2-3 male adults ages 20-60, 2 female adultsages 20-60

     This show will be taken to and performedat school locations during school hours and performed

for studentsin a class or many classes at a time. This is a continuing role/responsibility,as we will work throughout the entire school year as shows are booked. We needpeople who can be available for shows with a two-week notice. Most schoolsrecognize this program as an educational service to the school community, andstudents/ cast members can be excused for the absent time of the day that showsare performed. Individuals will need to check with their schools for details.

     Adults who are cast will be asked toassist the director with transportation of cast members from our Youth Theatreto the school location.   Cast members are responsible fortransportation to the Youth Theatre and to be picked up after performances.

  “OrphanTrain” is a play that tells the story of 9 orphans on a train that left NewYork City on

 May28th, 1914, and traveled to U.S. Midwestern towns in search for homesfor the children. This play is an excellent supplement to classroom AmericanHistory courses.

  * We are very proud that “Spotlighton Youth” is our oldesteducational outreach program, being in existence since 1989! This interactivedrama has proven to be a most effective teaching tool, eliciting emotionalresponses that are vivid and lasting!