[NEohioPAL] Auditions for THE JUNGLE BOOK at lake Erie College Oct 3 & 4

doctor celery via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Sep 28 13:57:26 PDT 2017

The upcoming Fall play here at Lake Erie College is THE JUNGLE BOOK by Tracey Power Adapted from the novel by Rudyard Kipling.

THE JUNGLE BOOK is a beloved children's story about the adventures of Mowgli and his animal family in the jungles of India. This is a family friendly play. Many will know the famous Disney versions, but this a more dramatic version, adapted especially for the stage.

EVERYONE is invited to audition (students regardless of major or anything else, faculty, staff, community actors, I said EVERYONE!).

Auditions will be next week,Oct 3 and 4. We will be begin at 6 pm each night. We will meet in the gallery of the Royce Hall for Fine and performing Arts.

Roles include:

Mowgli--the boy raised by wolves
Father Wolf--leads the wolf pack
Baloo-a bear who is Mowgli's teacher
Bagheera--a panther who is one of Mowgli's friends
Shere Khan--a tiger who is hunting Mowgli
Tabaqui--a jackal who is Shere Khan's lackey
Raksha--Mother Wolf who raises Mowgli
Monkey King--lives for fun and anarchy
various monkeys, wolves, and extras

All roles will be cast without regard to race, gender or age.

Auditions will consist of cold readings and improv. Come dressed to move!

The performances will be November 9-12 & Nov 16-19, including both evening and matinee performances.

Any questions? Contact Dr. Jaffe at jjaffe at lec.edu

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR