[NEohioPAL] Manga/Cartooning Instructor Needed (PT, PAID)

Jessica Firing jfiring at beckcenter.org
Sat Oct 7 06:08:11 PDT 2017

Visual Arts Instructor –Manga/Cartooning (Part-Time, Paid)

Beck Center for the Arts, Lakewood, Ohio

Beck Center’s Visual Arts Education program seeks a dynamic teaching artist to lead manga and cartooning classes during the fall semester with the possibility of extending the teaching opportunity into future semesters. Classes to be taught this fall are Manga-style Cartooning (Beginner and Advanced), and possibly Cartooning & Visual Storytelling. Through our cartooning classes, students hone their drawing skills, cultivate their own individual style, tell stories visually, and at the completion of the course bring home their own printed comics.

The ideal candidate will be an experienced cartooning artist with a proven ability to work with children as well as adults. Candidates should possess a strong focus in drawing fundamentals and have familiarity with Japanese styles and manga.

Qualifications: A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in the art form. BA or MA in visual arts education preferred. Experience as a teacher in a school classroom and/or a community based program preferred. An articulate customer service oriented individual who works well with students, families, and colleagues. Excellent organizational skills with ability to be prepared to lead weekly classes that are educational with developmentally and age appropriate content. Hiring contingent upon passing a background check.

Hours: Begins November 6 and runs through January 20 with opportunity to continue through the school-year. Schedule negotiable: Thursdays 4:30-9:00 PM, Saturdays 1:00-4:30 PM

Pay Rate: A competitive hourly rate will be discussed with each potential candidate

To Apply: We offer a fun and flexible working environment with a unique arts and education mission. To apply in confidence, submit resume and work samples via e-mail to jfiring at beckcenter.org. No phone calls please.

About Beck Center

Learn more about us at www.beckcenter.org  - Beck Center for the Arts is more than a non-profit organization that combines professional theater with arts education. We create art experiences. We are committed to creating an arts experience that is as individual as the people we serve with eclectic performances to suit many tastes, education opportunities for all ages and abilities, community outreach and free exhibitions. We are an equal opportunity employer.

Jessica Firing

Assistant Director of Education

[1499373209208_image002.jpg]

17801 Detroit Ave., Lakewood, OH 44107