[NEohioPAL] Private Shakespeare Verse Tutoring in Akron/Cleveland, $25/hour

Tess Burgler tess at ohioshakespeare.com
Mon Oct 23 08:38:12 PDT 2017

I’m looking to take on acting students who are interested in learning Shakespearean verse and rhetoric. I am happy to assist you with specific audition monologues or simply work with you to make the language more accessible. Using tools from John Barton’s verse studies, I can show you how Shakespeare’s verse and language work for—never against—the actor.

I have been performing and working in professional Shakespeare companies for 25 years and currently am a full time company member and Managing Director for Ohio Shakespeare Festival in Akron, Ohio. I have a passion for Shakespearean language as studied by the actor (not the scholar), and my teaching style is direct and actionable.  Please learn a little more about me here: http://www.ohioshakespearefestival.com/resident-staff/

$25/hour if you can meet me in downtown Akron at the Ohio Shakespeare Festival theatre.  $35/hour if you need me to drive to you (possibly more if you are quite far away). If you are interested in purchasing more than one lesson, I would also happily discuss a package deal.

Please email me at tess at ohioshakespeare.com or call my work number at 330-374-7574 with questions or to schedule.