[NEohioPAL] Theatre Education Partnership

Mary Davis marydavis at usa.net
Fri Oct 27 09:07:20 PDT 2017

How can we make this happen in northeast Ohio?

Playhouse Square, EJ Thomas Hall and other venues, what will it take to
get every student to a major theatrical production?

    *League Announces Largest Theatre Education Partnership in the
    History of NYC*

The Broadway League, with the support of the New York City Department of
Education, is launching the first full year of Broadway Bridges. This
program aims to give every NYC public high school student the
opportunity to see a Broadway show before graduation.

Broadway Bridges offers public high schools in all five boroughs $10
Broadway tickets for their 10th grade students. The tickets are timed to
coincide with the demands of the school calendar. Independently,
Broadway-based commercial producers and not-for-profit institutions such
as Lincoln Center Theater, Manhattan Theatre Club, Roundabout Theatre
Company, and TDF already bring almost 25,000 students to live theatre
each year. In complementing the long-standing work of these programs,
Broadway Bridges has the ability to reach students who may not otherwise
have the chance to attend a Broadway show.

In the fall cycle, participating shows will include */A Bronx Tale,
Aladdin, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Kinky Boots, Miss Saigon,
The Band’s Visit, The Lion King, /*and*/The Phantom of the Opera/*. More
will be added in the spring. Broadway Bridges anticipates bringing 7,500
tenth grade students to a show in the 2017-2018 Broadway season and
increasing attendance to 17,500 the following season.

  “We’re thrilled to expand the amazing work of the Broadway community
in cultivating the next generation of theatregoers. Our combined efforts
will ensure that every NYC public school student has the quintessential
New York experience of seeing a Broadway show,” said League President
Charlotte St. Martin.

More information at BroadwayBridges.org.
<https://broadwayfanclub.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fd86f81c87d862208eb56c407&id=0b441c85a3&e=a03d8e9aa1>

Mary Davis