[NEohioPAL] HOLY TRINITY CULTURAL ARTS CENTER COLLABORATES WITH HIGHLY ACCLAIMED ARTISTIC DIRECTOR

Charles Gilpin pllecompany2.0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 02:43:38 PDT 2017

Holy Trinity
Cultural Arts Center​​​​​

For Immediate Release​​​​​​​​For More Information Contact:

October 11, 2017​​​​​​​​​Vicki Dansby (216) 282-7172

​​​​​​​

HOLY TRINITY CULTURAL ARTS CENTER

COLLABORATES WITH

HIGHLY ACCLAIMED ARTISTIC DIRECTOR

MEDIA RELEASE

Cleveland – Holy Trinity Cultural Arts Center is pleased to announce its
collaboration with highly acclaimed Director Terrence Spivey, founding
director of “Powerful Long Ladder Ensemble” theatre company and former
Artistic Director of Cleveland’s historic Karamu House. Spivey currently
serves as the Artistic Associate at Shore Culture Centre.

Terrence Spivey is a theatre expert who artistically led Karamu House, the
nation’s oldest African American theatre, for over 10 years and directed
some of its most acclaimed shows. He has also received many accolades for
his artistic direction to include Scene Magazine’s “Best Director” for Best
of Cleveland 2017.

"Powerful Long Ladder," in collaboration with "Holy Trinity Cultural Arts
Center," embraces the belief that theatrical arts hold transformative
potential. The Consortium brings light to the social and diverse culture of
our community, strengthening our residents to bridge borders through
engagement, educational exploration and leadership development of the arts.
This Consortium will be a proving ground for excellence in collaborative
programming through innovative approaches, while at the same time remaining
relevant and diverse in our cultural experiences that both reflect and
expand the community's interests.

“Divine Intervention” is how Pastor Dr. Andrew D. Clark of Holy Trinity
C.O.G.I.C. describes the collaboration with Powerful Long Ladder. “We were
in need of assistance with our artistic outreach and Terrence was in need
of a home to showcase his productions.  The timing couldn’t be better for
this collaboration.”

The mission of this Consortium is for the Arts to make theatrical,
dramatic, thought provoking visual and performing arts available to urban
centers across our city; to become a creative force and an educational
resource for the community; and to harness and build upon legacy and the
economic vitality of the arts.

The collaboration’s inaugural production will be “The Amen Corner,” a
classic play by poet and novelist James Baldwin (Go Tell it on the Mountain
) who was the subject of the award-winning documentary “I Am Not Your Negro
.”  “The Amen Corner” addresses themes of the role of a church in an
African American family and the effect of a poverty born of racial
prejudice on an African American community.  Sister Margaret heads a
storefront church in Harlem while raising her musician son and allowing her
estranged husband back into there lives under the watchful eye of her
congregation.

The preview will be November 30, 2017.  Opening Night will be December 1,
2017 and will run through December 10, 2017 at the beautifully renovated Holy
Trinity Cultural Arts Center, 7209 Woodland Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio. Curtain
time for all evening productions will be 7:30pm. Curtin time for Matinee
productions will be 1:00 pm on Saturday’s and 3:00 pm on Sunday’s.  There
will be a special Talk Back on Friday, December 8 at 7:00pm that is FREE and
open to the public.

“My team and I are extremely excited about this collaboration and the
fruition of our first production together.  We’ve received an abundance of
support from the arts community, and are looking forward to a packed house
on opening night and throughout the run of the show,” says Spivey.

For group sales/ticket information, call 216.417.4571 or email
Trinity.Boxoffice at gmail.com.

##