[NEohioPAL] North Canton Playhouse announces auditions for: "Orphan Train"

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 2 07:57:02 PDT 2017

The NORTH CANTON PLAYHOUSEWill be holding our SECOND auditions for our “ SPOTLIGHT ON YOUTH “ program!  S.O.Y. is an educational outreach that presents dramatic plays to students In schools.   AUDITIONS  for our first show, “ORPHAN TRAIN”, will be held onThursday Nov. 9th at 7:00 pm  at NCP's Main Stage @ 525 7th st NE North Canton  (on Hovver HS Campus)To sign up for AUDITIONS  or For questions or more information,email Delorna Toy:  delornatoy at gmail.comROLES still needing filled include:   4- males ages 13-18,
  2- male adults ages 20-60, 2 female adults ages 20-60    This show will be taken to and performed at Schools locations during school hours and performed for students in a class or many classes at a time.    This is a continuing role/responsibility, as we will work throughout the entire school year as shows are booked. We need people who can be available for shows with a two-week notice. Most schools recognize this program as an educational service to the school community, and students/ cast members can be excused for the absent time of the day that shows are performed. Individuals will need to check with their schools for details.   Adults that are cast will be asked to assist the director with transportation of cast members from our Youth Theatre to the school location.   Cast members are responsible for transportation to the Youth Theatre and to be picked up after performances.
  “ Orphan Train” is a play that tells the story of 9 orphans on a train that left New York City on May 28th, 1914, and traveled to U.S. Midwestern towns in search for homes for the children. This play is an excellent supplement to classroom American History courses.