[NEohioPAL] Lakeland announces Cast for Merrily We Roll Along

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 04:18:34 PST 2017

*Lakeland Theater *

*Announces the *

*Cast for*

*Merrily We Roll Along*

Music and Lyrics by

*Stephen Sondheim*

 Book by

*George Furth*

Directed by *Martin Friedman*

Musical Direction by *Jordan Cooper*

 Costume Design by *Kelsey Tomlinson*

 Sound Designed by *Eric Simna *

Choreography by *Jennifer Justice*

 *The Play:*

*Merrily We Roll Along, *written in 1981, is based on a 1934 play by George
S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. The musical (with a book by George Furth) was
first produced in November of 1981, where it ran for 16 performances. Not
very successful eh? It tells of the disintegration of the friendship of
successful songwriter Franklin Shepard, his lyricist and best friend
Charlie Kringas, and novelist Mary Flynn. The action moves backward through
time, from 1976 to 1957.

This is one of Stephen Sondheim’s most accessible and difficult scores. It
is most certainly about friendship and its importance in the lives of three
people.

This is one great play.

*The Cast:*

*Frank:* *Eric Fancher*

*Charlie: **Trey Gilpin*

*Mary:* *Amiee Collier*

*Beth: **Neely Gevaart*

*Joe:* *Dan Simpson*

*Gussie: **Kelly Elizabeth Smith*

*The ENSEMBLE**: Kyle Burnett, Anne Barrett, Kate Leigh Michalski, Carlos
A. Cruz, Meg Martinez and Frank Ivancic*

*Production Dates:*

Merrily We Roll Along will open on Friday, February 2, 2018 and run through
February 18, 2018. There will be nine (9) shows at 7:30pm on Friday and
Saturday evenings and 2pm on Sundays. Tickets are $15 for adults, $13 for
seniors and $7 for all students. Tickets can be purchased by calling
440.525.7134 <%28440%29%20525-7134> or online at lakelandcc.edu/arts.

*SPECIAL PERFORMANCES featuring the cast of Merrily We Roll Along
               AT NIGHTTOWN RESTAURANT on Monday, January 8 and Monday
January 23.  *

For more information please feel free to contact me, Martin Friedman at
martinfriedman98 at gmail.com.