[NEohioPAL] High School Girls Auditions for Spamalot at Saint Ignatius

David Hoover dhoover at ignatius.edu
Fri Dec 8 09:58:22 PST 2017

*High School Girls Needed for Monty Python's Spamalot at Saint Ignatius
High School*

*Auditions: Monday 12/11 at 4:00 pm (Dance) | Tuesday 12/12 at 3:30 pm
(Singing) | Thursday 12/14 at 4:00 pm (Callbacks, If Needed)*

*All auditions will be held in the school's Breen Center for Performing
Arts (2008 West 30th Street, Cleveland OH 44113)*

Saint Ignatius High School invites all high school girls (whether at a
public or private institution) to audition for its spring musical, *Monty
Python's Spamalot. **The show runs March 23-25, 2018.* Details are below.
If any interested students (or parents) have any questions, they are most
welcome to Email the drama program's new director, David Hoover, at
dhoover at ignatius.edu.

*Spamalot Character Breakdowns for Women*

*THE LADY OF THE LAKE*: A Diva. Strong, beautiful, possesses mystical
powers. The leading lady of the show. Great singing voice is essential, as
she must be able to sing effortlessly in many styles and vocal registers.

*THE LAKER GIRLS:* There is *a lot* to do as a Laker girl, including
cheerleading, Vegas showgirl-type dancing and various minor pivotal roles
throughout the show. You'll on stage a lot. *All Laker Girl choreography
will be done by Ms. Allison Goodwin, Monsters Hockey Girl and Miss Ohio
2015.*

*Important Info*

*Audition Info:*
Monday, December 11 at 4:00 pm in the Breen Center—*Dance Audition*. Bring
comfortable clothing and shoes, as well as your headshot and CV (resume).
You don’t need any choreographed material ahead of time; we’ll teach it to
you.

Tuesday, December 12 from 3:30-6:30 pm in the Breen Center—*Singing
Audition*. Prepare 32 bars of a song that shows your vocal range and acting
ability. Please bring the sheet music in the correct key for our
accompanist. This is your chance to sell yourself. Since the singing
audition takes the place of your monologue, make sure you are presenting a
real, interesting and hilarious character.

Thursday, December 14 at 4:00 pm in the Breen Center—*Callbacks*. If you
aren’t called backed, that does not mean you aren’t cast. We just may not
need to see you. If you are called back, we’ll have sides for you to read.

*Rehearsal Schedule *Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:30-6:30 pm; Tuesdays and
Thursdays, 4:00-7:00 pm. One Friday rehearsal: March 16. One Sunday
rehearsal: March 18, double run through.

Rehearsals are mandatory. We respect your free time and will not take
advantage of it. At the same time, when you’re here, be here. You do not
need to be present if we are not working on your scene that day.

Let us know at your audition of any possible conflicts. We will be breaking
down our rehearsal days based on what works best for the cast and
production team.

*Process and Concept **Spamalot* is just…fun. If you want to cry in a
corner and break our hearts, audition for next year’s fall play. This show
should feel like a party…high energy, funny, irreverent, meta. Our
rehearsals will reflect this: we are going to be working hard, yes, but
we’re going to have a blast doing it. Expect different themed rehearsal
nights, lots of music and dancing, cast and crew outings, etc.

*Production Staff *Mr. David Hoover '03,
* Director*Mr. David Croglio
*, Vocal Director*Mr. Dan Hamlin
*, Music Director*Ms. Jennifer Justice
*, Choreographer*Ms. Allison Goodwin
*, Laker Girl Choreographer*Mr. Tobias Peltier,
* Technical Director*Mr. Dave Gannon*, Producer*
_______________________________

David Hoover '03, M.A.
*Fine Arts Teacher*
*Drama Director*
*Assistant Speech Coach*

216.651.0222 ext. 480 <(216)%20651-0222>
dhoover at ignatius.edu
www.ignatius.edu <http://ignatius.edu>

Saint Ignatius High School
1911 West 30th Street