[NEohioPAL] New Year's Eve Eve Swing Dance at the Slovenian Workmen's Home with Red Light Roxy and Get Hep Swing on Saturday, Dec 30th

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Mon Dec 11 12:06:31 PST 2017

We are preparing a wonderful end-of-year party for you. Please join us on Saturday, December 30th as we dance our cares away and celebrate new beginnings while dancing to one of the best bands in the area, Red Light Roxy. Please take note that this event is on the eve of the eve. :)

Dress to impress! This event is a glitzy and glamorous affair!

Everyone is welcome to attend. You can bring your own dance partner, attend solo, attend with a group, meet friends there. There is no need to purchase tickets in advance and tickets are only $12 per person. No discounts for this special event.

The Waterloo Ballroom at the Slovenian Workmen's Home is located in the very artsy and lively Collinwood neighborhood. The address is 15335 Waterloo Rd, Cleveland, Ohio 44110. Two parking lots right next to the hall.

8-9 Jitterbug dance lesson for all levels

9-12 Red Light Roxy will inspire your soul and soles to float around the dance floor in a blissful euphoria.

We have some of the biggest swing dances in the area with over 150 people attending each month. Attendees have a variety of dance experience (including none) and come from all walks of life and ages. You will not need to bring a dance partner. We rotate partners during the dance lesson. How often do you get to meet 50-100 new people in under an hour? We provide the highest quality swing dance instruction from some of the nicest, most patient people you will ever meet. Our staff includes regional, national and international swing dance competitors (and winners) in multiple swing dance forms.

We welcome anyone to join us who has an interest in dance, music, socializing and fun. We don't care what your physical ability or size is, where you are in life, where you are on the spectrum of sexual or gender orientation, what color or creed, or non-creed, you are. Are you a man who wants to learn how to follow or a woman who wants to learn how to lead? That's cool! This idea is not new to the swing dance scene. We are the easiest club to join. If you have an interest, you are in. :)

We love spreading the gospel of swing dancing and we are excited to share the language and culture of this truly American, urban folk dance form with you. It is important for us to let you know that this dance style started in the African-American ballrooms of Harlem, New York in the late 1920s/early 1930s. This dance has a gritty earthiness that is incredibly empowering and joyful. We can't wait for you to experience this conversation of dance with us.

Attire is anything from casual to dressy. The best shoes to wear are comfortable and will allow you to pivot and turn easily.

The Slovenian not only has a beautiful ballroom; they also have a well-stocked bar. They have alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks of all kinds for sale--including a very special Slovenian beer- Lasko!

Please see www.GetHepSwing.com for the most up to date information on dances, bands playing at the dances, classes, private lessons, school programs, and special topic workshops.

For more info email Valerie at info @ gethepswing.com.

We make learning to partner dance easy and enjoyable.