[NEohioPAL] Ensemble rings in 2018 with "Angels in America: Part One: Millennium Approaches".

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Tue Dec 19 12:26:23 PST 2017

ENSEMBLE THEATRE CONTINUES ITS* 2017-2018 SEASON*
*WE THE PEOPLE* with:

*ANGELS IN AMERICA*
*PART ONE: MILLENNIUM APPROACHES*

by *Tony Kushner*
Directed by *Celeste Cosentino*

New York City in the mid-1980s. In the midst of the AIDS crisis and a
conservative Reagan administration, New Yorkers grapple with life and
death, love and sex, heaven and hell. In the first part of Tony Kushner's
epic, a gay man is abandoned by his lover when he contracts the AIDS virus,
and a closeted Mormon lawyer's marriage to his pill-popping wife stalls.

**Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, Tony Award for Best Play, and the
Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Play.*

*"Mr. Kushner has written the most thrilling American play in years.” *–
The New York Times

*“One of the most important pieces of theater to come out of the late 20th
century.”* – Metro Weekly

*"Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches shifts adeptly between
the mythic and the visceral"*. -Darren Barefoot, The Georgia Straight

*JANUARY 5TH- JANUARY 28TH!*
*Fridays & Saturdays* @8pm. *Sundays* @2pm.
In the MAINSTAGE THEATRE
*Opening Night reception (January 5th) with Chocolate Covered Strawberries!*

*There will MANY events surrounding BOTH part of ANGELS IN AMERICA at
Ensemble!*
*We will be presenting Part Two: Perestroika April 27th through May 20th
with the same amazing cast! *

Panel Discussions, Talkbacks, Free Play Readings, Poetry Slams and more!
January through May!
Please Check our website as well as the "Special Events" tab for updates on
dates, times and locations.

With a great CAST of *CLEVELAND ACTORS:*
*Jeffrey Grover** as Roy Cohn
*Derdriu Ring** as Hannah Pitt
*Kelly Strand *as Harper Pitt
*James Alexander Rankin* as Joe Pitt
*Craig Joseph* as Louis Ironson
*Scott Esposito* as Prior Walter
*Robert Hunter* as Belize
*Inés Joris* as The Angel

**Denotes Members of Actors’ Equity Association. *

*Tickets $12-$25*. Senior, Student, & Group discounts available

*-Special BOGO for opening weekend!*  Use "BOGO" Promo code online, by
phone or at the door!
*-Pay-What-You-Can performance Sunday January 7. *

*BOX OFFICE INFORMATION*
*216-321-2930*
*tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>*
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>* to
purchase online.

*WHERE*
Coventry PEACE Campus
2843 W. Washington Blvd
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

*PARKING*
Parking can be found in the Coventry School parking lot to the south of the
theatre, also along Washington Blvd and surrounding streets as well as
along Coventry and in the Coventry Parking Garage.  *(Be aware of Meters).*

Executive Artistic Director: *Celeste Cosentino*
Associate Artistic Director: *Tyler Whidden*
Director: *Celeste Cosentino*
General Manager/Production Stage Manager: *Becca Moseley*
Set/Projection/Lighting Design: *Ian Hinz*
Technical Director/Carpenter:* August Scarpelli*
Costumes: *Kelsey Tomlinson &* *Kayla Davis*
Box Office: *Amy J. Strumbly & Kayla Davis. *

We look forward to seeing you in our audience!

Both part of Angels in America are produced as part of Ensemble Theatre's
project *"Who are we, the people?" *which is supported in part by the
residents of Cuyahoga County through a* public grant from Cuyahoga Arts &
Culture.*

*PLEASE NOTE: This production contains very strong language and adult
themes and may not be suitable for younger audiences!  *

--
Ensemble Theatre, Info.
2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 441118
info at ensemble-theatre.org