[NEohioPAL] Soliciting pointers on crafting an improvised play

MSRG Publications msrg.indie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 15:44:36 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm considering drafting an improvised play, maybe interactive and/or
immersive, maybe not—and maybe more "improvish" than improvised, but
certainly not fully scripted.

I tried Googling for advice, using search terms the likes of "improvised
murder mystery" and "Tony 'n' Tina's Wedding" but the results are either
too narrow or too broad, with no indication of how people put these kinds
of things together. It can't be as simple as I'm thinking it is (not that
I'm looking to make it more complicated than necessary).

I have the premise. I'm thinking of going with an outline where the
performers would hit certain marks (sort of like how the original *The
Blair Witch Project* was structured), but improvise the scenes. I'm also
thinking of a rotating cast, where the same company would take on different
roles each time they performed the play.

If anyone has experience with crafting this type of production, I'm open to
suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael A. Miller, Publisher
Mockery, Spit, Rocks & Garbage Publications, LLC
msrg.indie at gmail.com

Twitter <https://twitter.com/MSRG_Pubz>
Facebook <http://Facebook.com/MSRG.Publications>