[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre Accepting Submissions for New Plays Fest

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Thu Dec 28 09:14:42 PST 2017

*Ensemble Theatre Accepting Submissions and Readers for 2018 Colombi New
Plays Festival*

Ensemble Theatre will be accepting submissions for *NEW PLAYS* and for
*ACTORS* who would like to participate as a reader during our Annual
Colombi New Plays Festival in March, 2018.

We will also be holding a Poetry Night as part of this year’s Festival, and
will be accepting poetry and spoken word submissions.

*FOR PLAYS:*

The 2018 Festival is slotted between Tony Kushner’s seminal *Angles in
America, Part One *(January 5 – 28) and *Angels in America, Part Two*
(April 27 – May 20).

Tom Frattare’s new play *Mama / Moon* will be produced in our Ensemble
Mainstage as part of our 8th Annual New Plays Festival.

The themes for our upcoming Colombi New Plays Festival plays will be coming
directly from *Angels* *in America*.

*PLAY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:*

·      We will be doing readings of both ten-minute plays and one-act
plays. Plays must be between 5 – 10 minutes long to be considered a
ten-minute play, and 10-45 minutes long to be considered a one-act.

·      These are readings, so plays focusing more on dialogue will have a
better chance of selection, rather than plays that depend on physicality,
design, or other elements missed during staged readings.

·      Keep your characters to a minimum.

·      Ditto locales.

·      Plays must not have been produced elsewhere.

·      You will be responsible for casting and directing the reading.
Ensemble can certainly help steer actors your way, but it will ultimately
be the responsibility of the playwright.

·      Your submission grants Ensemble Theatre the right to produce a
reading of your play in our annual Colombi New Plays Festival and/or
videotape it for archival purposes if it is chosen for the Fest.

·      Submission also allows Ensemble Theatre to livestream the reading to
an online audience.

*What We’re Looking For:*

·      Plays that speak to the themes put forth from *Angles in America*
including: healthcare, mental health, illness, spirituality, race, sexual
identity, politics, and love.

·      Plays that speak to our community.

·      Plays offering unique voices in theater, portraying new and exciting
perspectives on the above themes.

Plays read during the Festival will be read at Ensemble Theatre in
Cleveland Heights as well as locations throughout Cleveland and surrounding
areas throughout the month of March, 2018.

Plays produced during the Festival come out of our weekly StageWrights
workshop and previous Festival submissions.

*DEADLINE for Submissions: January 30, 2017 at 11:59pm*

*TO SUBMIT*: Please email your scripts with the subject heading, “2018
Colombi,” to plays at ensemble-theatre.org

Selected plays/playwrights will be notified by *February 10, 2018*.

*FOR POETRY/SPOKEN WORD*

We are accepting poems of any length to be read aloud during our Festival’s
Poetry Night. The writer may be the reader, or they may wish to cast a
reader for the evening’s events.

*FOR ACTORS*

If you’re a Cleveland-area actor and would like to be a reader for the 2018
New Plays Festival, please email your contact information and availability
throughout February & March (ie: are there days you’re out of town and
completely unavailable?) and we will get back to you.

Questions? Please contact us at plays at ensemble-theatre.org

--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org
2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 441118
216-321-2930/216-202-0938
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*