[NEohioPAL] Latitudes Poetry Night in Akron--Featuring Mary Biddinger

Theresa Gottl Brightman tmgottl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:09:44 PST 2018

What:  Latitudes Poetry Night, featuring Mary Biddinger
Where:  Compass Coffee (647 E. Market St., Akron, OH  44304)--in the
basement of The Well
When:  Every third Wednesday, (this month, January 17) at 7:00pm

Latitudes would like to thank everyone who helped kick off this series in
2017 a success, and we're excited to start 2018 featuring Akron's own *Mary
Biddinger!*

Mary Biddinger is the author of five full-length poetry collections, most
recently Small Enterprise and The Czar. Her poems have recently appeared or
are forthcoming in Bad Pony, Diode, Gold Wake Live, Grimoire, The Laurel
Review, and Tinderbox Poetry Journal, among others. Her first collection of
prose poems, Partial Genius, is forthcoming from Black Lawrence Press in
2019. The recipient of two Ohio Arts Council individual excellence awards,
as well as a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship, Biddinger teaches
at the University of Akron & NEOMFA program and edits the Akron Series in
Poetry.

This will not be one you want to miss! We've got some great things planned
for 2018, and we hope to see you there and that you'll share your words
with us!

Don't forget to bring a poem or two for our open mic! (Please limit your
open mic reading to 3 minutes or less.)

--

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>