[NEohioPAL] Acting Classes for Young Performers at Cleveland Play House!

Natasha Fly nfly at clevelandplayhouse.com
Wed Jan 17 09:14:13 PST 2018

Cleveland Play House - Theatre Academy
Register Today!
Middough Building - 1901 E. 13th Street Cleveland, OH 44114, fifth floor

Education Classes for All Ages and Levels

For more than eight decades, CPH has offered educational programming as varied as the stories on its stages. We have classes for working adult professionals, preschool children with big imaginations and everyone in between. Faculty from Tony-Award-recipient Cleveland Play House will excite creative potential and nurture your passion for live theatre!
YOUNG PERFORMER CLASSES
Focusing on the student who loves drama. Professional theatre educators and artists provide high-quality and developmentally-appropriate theatre instruction to students at all age levels.

Dramatic Play
Ages 3-4

Young performers will begin to explore theatrical techniques such as movement, voice, and storytelling as they adapt beloved stories and fairy tales. Students and their families will participate in an in-class share at the end of the session.

Creative Drama
Ages 5-7

Theatre is all about collaboration. In this fun and, of course, collaborative offering, participants will use short, scripted scenes that encourage listening to their peers, sharing ideas, and working as a team. The process will also introduce vocal and movement skills to the young actors, who will begin a journey of developing their own characters. Families will watch their young performers in a collaborative showcase in one of our rehearsal halls at the end of the session.

Devised Theatre
Ages 7-9

Here, we'll create a new short play! Through repetition and other techniques, young performers will build the necessary theatre skills of concentration, focus, memorization, and adaptability. They will then have the opportunity to showcase their plays in a collaborative final performance for friends and family.

TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES VISIT: https://goo.gl/doP1c6