[NEohioPAL] MTC is growing! Interns needed.

Mercury Theatre Company info at mercurytheatrecompany.org
Wed Jan 24 16:52:41 PST 2018

As we approach our 20th Anniversary season (Summer 2018), Mercury Theatre Company is expanding its development and marketing teams, and is looking for passionate communicators and relationship-builders.
Position Title: Administrative Intern
· One Administrative Intern will learn by working with staff in the MTC office February 5 through May 1, 2018. This will include hands-on learning opportunities in customer service, communication, schedule and database management, and general program support.

· The Administrative Intern will work very closely with the Managing Director and the Marketing intern, while being supervised by the Artistic Director. This internship is ideal for those with an interest in business management and/or arts administration.

Time commitment: 10-20hrs/week, Monday –Friday. Once hired will work with your schedule. Some evenings and weekends for intern meetings, and hands on experience in front of house for our productions. February 5 through May 1, 2018. Start date is flexible, but must be no later than February 12.

Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of two years of college or demonstrate equivalent experience. Administrative and customer service experience is required.

Stipend: $250.00 (Received at end of internship.)

Application Deadline: 11:59pm PST, February 1, 2018

To apply, please provide your contact information, educational background, and the names, emails, and phone numbers of two references.

Email the following attachments to Artistic Director, Pierre Brault, at pierre at mercurytheatrecompany.org<mailto:pierre at mercurytheatrecompany.org>.

1.Cover letter –address your particular interests and goals in regards to the internship.
2.Resume –outline your administrative, customer service and marketing experience, your theatrical background, as well as your experience working with youth. Please do not include an acting resume and/or headshot.
Position Title: Marketing Intern
· One Marketing Intern will learn by working with staff in the MTC office February 5 through May 1, 2018. This will include hands-on learning opportunities in customer service, communication, schedule and database management, marketing, social media support, designing marketing materials for the 20th Anniversary season, and general program support.

· The Marketing Intern will work very closely with the Managing Director and the Administrative intern, while being supervised by the Artistic Director. This internship is ideal for those with an interest in business management and/or marketing for the arts.

Application Deadline: 11:59pm PST, February 1, 2018

To apply, please provide your contact information, educational background, and the names, emails, and phone numbers of two references.

Email the following attachments to Artistic Director, Pierre Brault, at pierre at mercurytheatrecompany.org<mailto:pierre at mercurytheatrecompany.org>.

1.Cover letter –address your particular interests and goals in regards to the internship.
2.Resume –outline your administrative, customer service and marketing experience, your theatrical background, as well as your experience working with youth. Please do not include an acting resume and/or headshot.

MTC is an equal opportunity organization. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.

The stipend payments associated with this internship are designed to offset some of the transportation costs associated with the internship. Intern stipends are not wages and are not related to the number of hours worked by the intern trainee. Internships at MTC are designed primarily to provide training to the intern trainee, for the benefit of that intern trainee. Please check with your college or university to see whether college credit is available for this opportunity.

Mercury Theatre Company

216.771.5862

www.mercurytheatrecompany.org