[NEohioPAL] Auditions for SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO at LEC FEB 12 & 13

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:06:20 PST 2018

The upcoming Spring play here at Lake Erie College is SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO by David Mamet.

SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO is set in the 70s and tells the story of Danny and Deborah, a young couple who try to find out if their one night stand can turn into a real relationship.  This comedy-drama was Mamet's break through play.  Mamet would go on to write many plays and movies and win the Pulitzer Prize.  SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO includes adult language and frank conversations about sex.

Auditions will be February 12 and 13 (with callbacks if necessary being February 15). We will be begin at 6 pm each night. We will meet in the gallery of the Royce Hall for Fine and performing Arts. If someone can not make these times, please contact Dr Jaffe for an appointment.

Roles include:

Danny--a male in his 20s who is having difficulties meeting women

Bernard--Danny's friend who considers himself a lady's man, similar age

Deborah--a woman in her 20s who hooks up with Danny

Joan--Deborah's friend, a little more experienced and cynical, similar age

EVERYONE is invited to audition (students regardless of major or anything else, faculty, staff, community actors, I said EVERYONE!).  All roles will be cast without regard to race, gender or age.

Auditions will consist of cold readings and improv. Come dressed to move!

The performances will be April 12-15, including both evening and matinee performances.

Any questions? Contact Dr. Jaffe at jjaffe at lec.edu<mailto:jjaffe at lec.edu>

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR