[NEohioPAL] Party Bus to the Detroit Institute of Arts- February 25

Thomas Sigel tsigel at sigelpress.com
Wed Feb 7 06:49:14 PST 2018

Join Ohio Regional Music Arts and Cultural Outreach (ORMACO) as we travel
to the acclaimed Detroit Institute of Art to enjoy the museum as well as
the special exhibit “Monet:Framing Life” on February 25, 2018.

This intimate exhibition focuses on the DIA’s only painting by Claude Monet
— "Rounded Flower Bed" (*Corbeille de fleurs*), formerly known as
"Gladioli" and recently retitled based on new research. Monet painted this
work while living in the Paris suburb of Argenteuil between late 1871 and
early 1878. His time in Argenteuil was especially productive, for it was
there that he and fellow avant-garde painters formed the Impressionists.
Experience the DIA’s painting together with 10 other Argenteuil paintings
by Monet and fellow impressionist Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and discover the
story behind the creation of "Rounded Flower Bed" (*Corbeille de fleurs)* and
how it fits into the history of Monet’s work and the Impressionist
movement.

Hop on the bus at Buehler’s River Styx in Medina at 7 am, with a pick up at
Apple Grocery Store at 209 E. Herrick in Wellington at 7:30 am. Enjoy
muffins and mimosas as we travel to Detroit. Upon arrival at 10 am, there
will be a 30-minute introductory lecture, followed by entrance into the
Monet Exhibit. Enjoy exploring the rest of the museum on your own until we
depart at 3 pm. Lunch is on your own at either the museum cafe or
restaurant.

Board the bus for our return journey and the party continues with flowing
wine, homemade cookies, chocolates, cheese and other goodies. Drop off in
Wellington at 5:30 pm and Medina at 6 pm.

$74 per person. Reserve your seats at www.ormaco.org (credit card fee
applies) or by calling 330-722-2541 <(330)%20722-2541>.