[NEohioPAL] The Collaborative Team Powerful Long Ladder and Holy Trinity Cultural Arts Center Brings Weathervane Playhouse "Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill" to Cleveland

Charles Gilpin pllecompany2.0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:51:33 PST 2018

*For Immediate
Release
                         For
More Information Contact:February 4,
2018
                                  Vicki
Dansby (216) 282-7172
    *

* Cleveland – After playing to sold-out houses, standing ovations and an
extended run at Weathervane Playhouse, one of Akron's premiere theatre
companies, "Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill" is coming to Cleveland
under the play's award winning director, Terrence Spivey with Akron
native, Ms. Marissa Davis, reprising her role as Billie Holiday along with
Cleveland musicians Ed Ridley and Bradford McGhee.   *

*Marsha Gross of Pepper Pike stated, "I traveled from Cleveland to see this
beautiful Weathervane production in Akron! I look forward to seeing it
again with lots of friends!"*

*The critically acclaimed play will be staged by the collaborative and
exciting new theatrical team Powerful Long Ladder and Holy Trinity Cultural
Arts Center from Thursday, March 15 to Sunday, March 25 in The
Underground at Holy Trinity Cultural Arts Center, 7209 Woodland Avenue in
Cleveland’s historic Fairfax District. *

* The mission of this Consortium is for the Arts to make theatrical,
dramatic, thought provoking visual and performing arts available to urban
centers across our city; to become a creative force and an educational
resource for the community; and to harness and build upon legacy and the
economic vitality of the arts. *

*Showtime for Thursday through Saturday night performance will be at 7:30
pm.  Showtime for Matinee performances will be at 3:00 pm on Saturday and
Sunday.  Every performance will offer limited priority seating.  Group
sales are also available. This production is intended for mature audiences
only.*

*“The Underground,” the company’s theatrical venue, will be transformed
into Emerson's Bar and Grill where Billie Holiday, played by Ms. Davis,
will mesmerize and touch souls.*

*“Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill” is a musical drama written by Lanie
Robertson.  The time is 1959. The place is a seedy bar in Philadelphia. The
audience is about to witness one of Billie Holiday's last performances,
given four months before her death. More than a dozen musical numbers are
interlaced with salty, often humorous, reminiscences to project a riveting
portrait of “the lady” and her music.*

*Melanie YC Pepe, Weathervane’s Chief Executive Artistic Director says of
the extended run, “Weathervane Playhouse is thrilled that this production
will continue after its recent sold-out, critically acclaimed run. It is an
honor to work with these outstanding artists on this important play, and
that the work created at Weathervane will be seen by a new and larger
audience.” *

*"It was an amazing experience directing this heart wrenching, but
wonderful play at Weathervane Playhouse” said director Terrence Spivey.
“There were constant sell outs and standing ovations accompanied with great
reviews. I spoke to Pastor Clark and told him, we must bring this show to
Cleveland to honor Women's History Month in March!”  With the blessing of
Weathervane's innovative Executive Artistic Director Melanie Pepe, it's
coming to town with the same cast.*

*This show will sell out quickly!  A limited number of Club and Stage Level
seats are available.*

*For group sales/ticket information, call 216.417.4571 or
visit http://www.trinityculturalarts.org
<http://www.trinityculturalarts.org/>.*