[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Avow - Twin Masks' Inaugural Production - Sunday, March 4 and Monday, March 5 at 7pm

Claudia Lillibridge claudia at twinmasks.org
Mon Feb 26 05:41:14 PST 2018

Twin Masks Performing Arts Center (TMPAC) will be holding auditions for its
Inaugural production of Avow, written by Bill C. Davis and directed by
Claudia Lillibridge, on Sunday, March 4 and Monday, March 5, at 7pm at the
First Congregational Church of Twinsburg, located at 9050 Church Street,
Twinsburg, OH, on the second floor, next to the choir room.  Please park in
the back parking lot behind the Church and use the back entrance to the
Church.  There will be signage directing you to the audition room.

Below please find a very basic character breakdown.  Auditions will consist
of cold readings from the script.  You can bring a headshot and resume with
you, if you have one.  Otherwise, we will have audition forms for you to
complete.

Rehearsals will take place at the First Congregational Church Sundays
through Wednesdays, from 7pm - 9pm.  All cast members *will not need to be
present* for every rehearsal until we approach tech week.

We are auditioning and rehearsing at the Church while our space next door
(9076 Church Street, Suite 2 and 3) is being remodeled.

For further information about our season and/or questions, please visit our
website, www.twinmasks.org, or email claudia at twinmasks.org.

We look forward to seeing you there!!

*PLEASE NOTE THERE IS STRONG ADULT LANGUAGE, SEXUAL SITUATIONS AND
RELIGIOUS MATTERS PREVALENT IN THE SHOW.  AS SUCH, ALL AUDITIONERS MUST BE
18 YEARS OR OLDER.*

*AVOW*
"That's why the vow is there.  It's the constant that everything else has
to adjust to.  Don't adjust the vow to fit the changes.  That's madness."

Two young men ask their progressive parish priest to marry them.  His
refusal sets into motion intersecting emotional and spiritual journeys that
test the structure of romance, sexuality, faith and family.  Present day.

Seven characters:

Brian - 30 - 40s, smart, handsome, ready

Tom - late 20s - mid 30s, pensive, attractive

Irene - mid 30s - 40, Brian's sister, sharp, artistic

Father Raymond - 40s, charismatic, warm

Rose - mid 50s - 60, Brian and Irene's devout mother

Father Nash - mid 50s - 60, wise, ironic

Julie - late 40s - 60s, salt of the earth, Father Raymond's cook, cleaner,
rectory assistant

Two acts, one intermission

Avow is being performed with permission from Dramatist's Play Service Inc.