[NEohioPAL] 2018 Play Lab & Spring Workshops -- Starting 3/17!

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:49:35 PST 2018

*Playwrights Local Presents2018 PLAY LAB& SPRING WORKSHOPSMarch
17-18Creative Space at Waterloo ArtsApril 6None Too FragileAll events are
freeTickets or reservations are not requiredIntended for adults and
teensSchedule & Information:http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2018-play-lab/
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2018-play-lab/>The Play Lab is our annual
incubator program for writing and revision. Over a period of months,
selected playwrights revise their works-in-progress with the help of
dramaturgs, directors, and actors.In addition to staged readings of these
works, the culminating event for the Play Lab includes our annual Spring
Workshops. These classes cover playwriting fundamentals and special topics
for adults and teens. We’re thrilled to partner on this year’s final
reading with Akron’s own None Too Fragile Theatre. 2018 Play Lab Staged
ReadingsThe Intelligence ManWritten by Eileen O’LearyDirected by Erik
AndrewsDramaturgy by Lenora Inez BrownIn Appalachia, AperturesWritten by
Brandon NorthDirected by Robert LucchesiDramaturgy by Les HunterConcussive
BlastWritten by Tom HayesDirected by Sean DerryDramaturgy by David Todd2018
Spring WorkshopsThe Smallest Stage: Writing the Tabletop Playwith Mike
Geither and Amy SchwabauerThe Character’s the Thingwith Mary E. Weems,
Ph.D.Schedule & Information:http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2018-play-lab/
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2018-play-lab/>*