[NEohioPAL] ACTORS NEEDED for staged reading THIS WEEK!

Robert Lucchesi rlucchesi14 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 09:41:24 PDT 2018

Greetings, actors of Cleveland! My name is Robert Lucchesi and I am
directing a staged reading of "In Appalachia, Apertures", a new play by
NEOMFA Candidate at Cleveland State Brandon North. It will be produced by
Playwrights Local as part of their 2018 Play Lab and Spring Workshops, and
we are still looking for a few actors to join our team. We will be
rehearsing Wednesday and Thursday, March 14 and 15 at 7 p.m., and a final
morning rehearsal and then 2:30 performance on Sunday, March 18, all in the
North Collinwood/Waterloo Arts District (exact location TBD).

A Brief synopsis of the play: Erica and Tyler Ricks are a couple working
for an online magazine, currently compiling a photo essay about religiously
themed billboards in Appalachia. While on assignment, Erica and Tyler
become fascinated with the Root family, particularly the teenaged Jackson,
whose obsessively taken photographs have supernatural effects. The Root
family’s past trauma is exacerbated by the Ricks’ prodding, the middle-aged
Joe’s drinking problem, and the elderly Lester’s battle with Alzheimer’s
disease. The Ricks’ constant reopening of old wounds leads to several
tragic events. Jackson and his sister Maggie must face these grim realities
with new knowledge as shown to them by Erica and Tyler, who themselves are
thrown into the Root family’s crisis.

We are looking for three actors as we already have some folks involved in
the project. Maggie and Jackson both need to be able to do a respectful and
convincing Appalachian accent, as well as play characters in their late
teens. If you've had experience doing dialects before, I trust you'll be
able to pick this one up. Tyler need to speak in any specific dialect.

Jackson (man, Late teens)
Maggie (woman, late teens)
Tyler (man, Late 20's)

Please email rlucchesi14 at gmail.com with the subject line Appalachia. I look