[NEohioPAL] Workshop Call For Directors - 2019 - 2020 Season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:24:15 PDT 2018

March 15, 2018

Dear Potential Director,

The Ides of March is upon us, meaning that there are approximately two
weeks left before Workshop Players’ deadline for submitting to direct in
our 2019-2020 season, which will be our 72nd continuous season.

If you have directed for us before, you need not submit a resume, but we
will need:
1) A list of 3-5 shows you are interested in directing.
2) Accompanying those titles should be a description of the plays that may
be copied and pasted from the licensing agency.
3) Your explanation of why/how the show would work in our unique space.

If you have not directed for us before, we need the above items, plus a
theatrical resume.
We are looking for shows that are:
1) Family Friendly
2) Include or are aimed at children
3) Shows with title familiarity
4) Potentially Christmas selections
5) Shows of interest to you from the list below.

Please note that we have not “vetted” the below shows for “workability” in
our space as that is the job of the director’s vision. If you choose one or
more from the list, please justify how/why it would work in our space.
We look forward to April 1st (no fooling) to hear from you. Send
applications to me at joeandpatprice at centurytel.net

This is a reminder that Workshop Players Theater is a volunteer
organization and that there is no stipend for directing … just the joy of
making magic through theatre.

Pat Price

Musicals:
Chicago
Godspell
Little Shop of Horrors
Man of La Mancha
Honk! (a musical for children)
Seussical
Pippin
Baby
The Last Five Years

Dramas:
Glass Menagerie
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf?
Streetcar Named Desire
Death of a Salesman
Bus Stop
Crimes of the Heart
Lion in Winter
Doubt
Proof
Lost in Yonkers—dramatic comedy

Comedies
Odd Couple—but change it up to do the female version
Harvey
Clybourne Park
The Humans
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
The Play that Goes Wrong
The Good Doctor

Additionally, these are plays that the play reading committee “slept” (in
other words, liked but did not choose in the past)

Hail Mary, by Tom Dudzick Comedy 2m 3f Playscripts , Inc.
Life With Father by Lindsay/Crouse (done in 1978) 8m, 8f 5 teens Comedy,
Dramatists Boeing, Boeing by Marc Campletti, Comedy, 2m. 4f Samuel French
Butterflies Are Free, by Leonard Bersne Comedy, 2m, 2f, Samuel French
First Night, by Jack Neary, Comedy, 1m, 1f Samuel French
Philadelphia Story, by Philip Barry, Comedy, 9m, 6f, Samuel French
Sunshine Boys, by Neil Simon, Comedy. 5m, 2f, Samuel French

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
contact at workshopplayers.com
www.workshopplayers.com

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"