[NEohioPAL] Kids summer theatre camp in Oberlin

Nina Fisher fisher.nina.rose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:09:31 PDT 2018

What: MAD* Camp 2018 (*music arts drama)
When: June 18th through July 6th (final performance July 6th, no camp July 4th). Monday through Friday, 10AM-3:30PM
Where: Oberlin High School, 281 N. Pleasant Street, Oberlin 44075
Who: Kids ages 5 through 14
Cost: $500 (financial aid information available upon request).
Call to register or with questions: 440-774-7062

In a jam-packed 3 weeks, campers will act, sing, craft, have a fun water battle, and work on learning short scripted plays, all while having fun and making memories and friendships sure to last!  Campers are divided into groups by age where they will spend time preparing plays for performance.  They will learn movement and stage blocking, memorize lines, make props and costumes, and have a great time getting into character.  In addition, we spend time as a large group playing acting games and learning to work and have fun together.  This year we have extended our age range so young teens who are unable to participate in our larger summer musical can still have a MAD* summer! The more the merrier!  There will be a final performance of our plays on stage at Oberlin High School for family and friends on the last day of camp, July 6th, in the early evening.  All of our dedicated staff strive to provide an encouraging, positive, and noncompetitive atmosphere and we welcome all types of curious young actors who are ready to activate their imaginations