[NEohioPAL] Tomorrow is Pay-What-You-Can at "The Oba Asks for a Mountain!"

TCT Intern mi.talespinnerchildrenstheatre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:32:35 PDT 2018

 Thanks to Ohio Savings Bank, TCT can offer tickets to ALL Friday
performances (and the first Sunday of each production) at whatever price
your family can afford. And we mean it! We want the arts in the community
and the community in the arts! We hope to see you at The Oba Asks for A
Mountain (A Tale of Nigeria)
<https://www.facebook.com/events/404371270008096/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A3%2C%22source_newsfeed_story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22%5B%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22newsfeed%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22feed_story%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%5D%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D&source=3&source_newsfeed_story_type=regular&action_history=%5B%7B%22surface%22%3A%22newsfeed%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22feed_story%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%5D&has_source=1&fref=mentions>
tomorrow night! No reservations are taken for PWYC performances, simply
show up at the box office - we're open an hour before the show and we have
activities in the lobby for the kids!

TICKETS: talespinnerchildrenstheatre.org

THE OBA ASKS FOR A MOUNTAIN (a Tale of Nigeria)
by Gail Nyoka
Directed by Chennelle Bryant Harris
Movement by Andrea Belser
Production Stage Manager Tim Maca
Lighting Design Josh Heidinger
Set and Costume Design Alison Garrigan
Puppet and Mask Design Melanie Boeman

Agiri-Asasa...Bryce Evan Lewis
Dayo...Bryon Tobin
Oshun/Abeni...Jailyn Harris
Messenger 1/Guard/Herdsman...Devin Davis
The Oba/Messenger 2...Leilani Barrett

About the Tale:
In far-off Nigeria, The Oba, a king of great wealth and power, wants it
ALL, and expects to get what he wants. And he wants the lands of the Ilesha
people. Most people would simply do what he asks, but when he comes up
against the wit and humor of three young friends who call these lands home,
he may have asked for more than he bargained for.

Fridays are Ohio Savings Bank Pay-What-You-Can Performances. Tickets are
not available online, but will be waiting for you at the box office for
whatever price your family can afford to pay. Group rates are available for
every performance!

Second-Sundays are Stay & PLAY following the shows - for about an hour, our
education staff and even some of our characters from the show will stick
around and help you play theatre games, make a craft, take a selfie and
more!

Third-Saturdays are 1PM Science and a Show program, powered by The
Children's Museum of Cleveland! Come any time after our box office opens
(which is always 1 hour before every performance!) and complete a science
experiment related to the show!

Ask us about 10AM School Matinees by emailing TCT Director of Education and
Outreach Katelyn Cornelius at kc.tctorg at gmail.com

Take your family on a year-long journey around the world with TCT! We're
heading to new and exciting destinations to hear tales unlike you've heard
anywhere else! Check out our ways to save money with our subscription
packages and let your imagination PLAY this 2018!

With the help of five amazing women playwrights, we will bring stories from
Nigeria, Thailand, Canada & Alaska, Israel, and Poland to vibrant,
heart-opening, mind-tickling, toe-tapping, colorful & joyous life. On our
main stage, come with us to Nigeria, for "The Oba Asks For a Mountain," by
Gail Nyoka, in which a young man learns that using your head can overcome
the toughest obstacles. Sail away to Thailand in "The Princess & The
Nightingale," by Marian Fairman, and meet a clever bird who teaches the
true meaning of trust and loyalty. Next, visit the Inuit people of Canada
and Alaska to learn about how we came to have night and day, in "The Boy
Who Stole the Sun," adapted by Alison Garrigan and produced in
collaboration with L.E.N.A.C., The Lake Erie Native American Council, and
finally, join us in Israel for "A Song in the Flame," by Margi
Herwald-Zitelli to learn how even distance can be a gift during this
heart-warming Hannukah story. TCT’s touring production this year takes us
to Poland in "Jan & the Trickster," by Krysia Orlowski. In this funny,
magical tale, see how Jan learns to use wits and true friendship to win the
day.

Marketing and Box Office
Talespinner Children's Theatre

*2018 Season:*

*The Oba Asks For a Mountain** (A Tale of Nigeria)* April 7 - 29
By Gail Nyoka, Directed by Chennelle Byrant Harris, Movement by Andrea
Belser

*The Princess and the Nightingale (A Tale of Thailand)* June 9 - July 1
By Marian Fairman, Directed by Tim Maca, Movement and Music by Devon Turchan

*Jan and the Trickster (A Traveling Tale of Poland)/Stay & Play Matinees * July
20-22
By Krysia Orlowski, Directed by Charles Hargrave

*The Boy Who Stole the Sun (An Inuit Creation Tale)* Sept. 15 - Oct. 7
In partnership with L.E.N.A.C., Adapted & Directed by Alison Garrigan

*A Song in the Flame (A Tale of Israel) *Nov. 24 - Dec. 16
By Margi Herwald Zitelli, Directed by Alison Garrigan, Movement by
Stephanie Wilbert

Reinberger Auditorium | 5209 Detroit Ave. - Cleveland, Ohio 44102 |
216.264.9680
www.talespinnerchildrenstheatre.org