[NEohioPAL] Get Hep Swing hosts swing dances in Cleveland AND Akron on Friday, April 13th

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Fri Apr 13 07:15:52 PDT 2018

What? Swing Dance hosted by Get Hep Swing

When? Friday, April 13th

Where? TWO locations! The Lakewood Masonic Temple,15300 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107 and BluJazz+, 47 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44308

Dance lessons? Yes. Beginner-friendly jitterbug from 8-9 in Lakewood and 7-8 in Akron.

Is there a band? Yes, in Lakewood with the swing dance-able Gypsy Jazz band, Moustache Yourself. They play from 9-12.  In Akron with the jump blues, swing jazz and boogie boogie masters, Red Light Roxy.  They play from 8 until 11.

Is there a DJ? Yes. The DJ plays during band breaks.

Who can attend? Everyone is welcome. People of all ages attend.

Do I need previous dance experience? No

Do I need a partner? No, we rotate dance partners during the lesson and people ask each other to dance all throughout the evening.

What do I wear? Wear comfy shoes that allow you to pivot and turn easily. Wear clothing that makes you feel good about yourself.

What is the cost?  In Lakewood the cost is $12 per person, $10 for students and seniors, $5 for first-timers.  In Akron the cost is $12.  Pre-purchase is recommended as the last swing dance party at BluJazz was a sell out.  https://blujazzakron.ticketleap.com/swing-dance-party-w-red-light-roxy-04-13-2018/

Please see www.GetHepSwing.com for the most up to date information on dances, bands playing at the dances, classes, private lessons, school programs, and special topic workshops.

For more info please call or email Valerie at 216-374-1927/info at gethepswing.com