[NEohioPAL] Magnificat High School presents The Diary of Anne Frank this weekend

Dale Van Niel dvanniel at maghs.org
Mon Apr 16 18:36:59 PDT 2018

 *MAGNIFICAT HIGH SCHOOL*
*presents*
*THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK*

* by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, newly adapted by Wendy Kesselman *
*Directed by Maryann Nagel*
*April 20 & April 21 at 7:00pm; April 22 at 2:00pm*
*Magnificat Center for the Peforming Arts*
*20770 Hilliard Blvd - Rocky River*

*Tickets available at **www.magnificat.tix.com*
<http://www.magnificat.tix.com/>*. Adults $13/Students $8*

In this transcendently powerful new adaptation, Anne Frank emerges from
history a living, lyrical, intensely gifted young girl, who confronts her
rapidly changing life and the increasing horror of her time with
astonishing honesty, wit and determination. An impassioned drama about the
lives of eight people hiding from the Nazis in a concealed storage attic, *The
Diary of Anne Frank* captures the claustrophobic realities of their daily
existence -their fear, their hope, their laughter, their grief. Each day of
these two dark years, Anne's voice shines through: "When I write I shake
off all my cares. But I want to achieve more than that. I want to be useful
and bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go
on living even after my death." In this gripping adaptation by Wendy
Kesselman, from the original stage play by Goodrich and Hackett, newly
discovered writings from the diary of Anne Frank, as well as survivor
accounts, are interwoven to create a contemporary impassioned story of the
lives of people persecuted under Nazi rule. This is an adaptation for a new
generation able to confront the true horrors of the Holocaust.

*Women of Faith Who Learn, Lead​,​ and Serve*
*Dale Van Niel  | Performing Arts Center Manager*
20770 Hilliard Blvd. | Rocky River, OH  44116
School: *440.331.1572 x284* | Fax: 440.895.2045 <+440.895.2045> | Cell:
*440.476.1198*