[NEohioPAL] Very Special Afternoon of Theatre this Saturday in Akron

Wendy Duke wendy at centerforada.org
Thu Apr 26 06:30:00 PDT 2018

The Center for Applied Drama and Autism, and Theatre on the Spectrum are
hosting An Inclusive and Accessible Afternoon of Very Special Theatre on
Saturday, April 28 from 1 to 5 PM at The Black Box Theatre, 2207 Romig Rd,
Akron 44320.

Theatre on the Spectrum Adult and Youth companies will present their
current performances. The afternoon begins with the adult company
presenting There's No Business Like Show Business, a cabaret- style music
and comedy show. The youth company presents original scenes and monologues
from Along the Graveyard Path for our upcoming original production, Along
the Graveyard Path, about the history of disAbility in our community.

The audience will have opportunities to join with differently-abled artists
in creating theatre: Improv with Theatreon the Spectrum, music with local
musician Ernest Chatman, and visual art-- Collaborative @Play Mural from
Art x Love, (an Akron neighborhood project initiated by artist Mac Love.

This event is both a showcase for disAbled performers and a fund-raiser to
help us expand our programming in West Akron. Proceeds from this event will
provide scholarships for our youth classes for young people on the autism
spectrum and support upcoming productions by Theatre on the Spectrum,

the performance wing of the Center for Applied Drama and Autism.

Tickets are $10/pay-what-you-can for general admission. Event sponsorships
are $50 which includes 2 tickets, name in program and a VIP party at the
close of the event. Tickets can be ordered at cada.brownpapertickets.com.
For further information, call 234-678-7830.

Mission: The Center for Applied Drama and Autism is committed to providing
theatre-based opportunities for individuals on the Autism Spectrum, adults
and youth with disAbilities, and their communities. By encouraging
individual and collaborative success through drama in an inclusive, safe
environment that celebrates diversity and the joy of the creative arts,
CADA supports social and emotional well-being, growth and empowerment.

*Wendy Duke*
Co-Founder, *The Center for Applied Drama and Autism*
Program Director, *Theatre on the Spectrum Adult Day Company, Ardmore Inc*

email: wendy at centerforada.org <laura at centerforada.org>
telephone: 330.687.4177
web: centerforada.org