[NEohioPAL] Bassist moving back to town for the summer

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 14:38:36 PDT 2018

Hey folks!

I was on here a few years back, but life got busy and I had to stop.  I am very glad to see that it is still a thriving entity.

I moved away to go back to school at Ohio U and will be back in NE Ohio in a week for a summer audiology externship and would love to get back into the theater scene if anybody is looking to hire a bassist.  I've continued my contracts with the Akron and Canton Symphonies while away so this isn't like I went off to school and let dust collect on the instruments.

About me:

-Freelance bassist, fluent in reading 2.5 clefs (tenor clef below middle C isn't my strong suit but I suspect that that will not be an issue in musical theater)
-Upright and electric basses (5 string available for both, if needed)
-pit experiences ranging from musicals to ballet to operas and with productions ranging from community theater to the Pittsburgh Opera.
-I take punctuality VERY seriously.  I do not buy into that "well, he's a musician so he operates on his own schedule" crap.  I expect a degree of professionalism in gigs.

I'm looking for paying jobs only.  I am available and willing to serve as a substitute and have had to sight read shows before.  I'm open to considering any work as a bassist, not just pit work.  Churches, choral groups, orchestras, Latin dance bands, Big Bands, rock...anything goes.

I am very glad to be coming back to the area and need to culture up my summer before heading back to Athens.

Thanks and best wishes in all of your projects.

Brian Del Bianco