[NEohioPAL] To the people that want to make a film–but can’t get started

Brian Bowers brianjefferybowers at gmail.com
Mon May 7 05:43:05 PDT 2018

I was reading an interesting story this morning.

It was about a guy who wanted to learn about business.

He knew the best way to *really* learn about business was to talk to the
people that were actually doing it--the top CEOs and business icons that
had spent years building million dollar business empires of their own.

But he was young, and had no experience, so these people wouldn't give him
the time of day.

So what did this young man do?

He offered to clean the offices of the successful CEOs and business people
that he wanted to learn from, just so he could have 30 minutes alone in
their office to speak with them.

And now this guy is running a multi-million dollar business empire of his
own.

I thought this was a pretty cool story. It shows what lengths someone will
go to if they are really determined to learn something or achieve a goal.

Now, I know a lot of people that say they want to make a film, but have
they actually done it yet?

Most of them haven't.

There are tons of reasons why not--they don't know how, they don't have
equipment, they get overwhelmed by all of the information out there and
don't know how to get started.

But I don't see most of these people offering to clean the offices of J.J.
Abrams or Steven Spielberg to try and learn from the top people in the
field.

Now, I have an offer for these people--and you--that doesn't involve
cleaning offices.

And believe me, I'm no Spielberg--but I have worked in the film industry
for over a decade and watched thousands of filmmakers make films through
the other company I work for, the 48 Hour Film Project.

I've seen what works and what doesn't. I've become very adept at guiding
new filmmakers through the process of creating their first film.

And I've put together everything I've learned through the years into an
online filmmaking workshop that begins on May 21st called *Zero to Film.*

It's a four week workshop designed to take you from idea to fully finished
film. I'll guide you through the process, and you'll get feedback from
other workshop participants and myself along the way.

Registration for *Zero to Film* is open now, but will close at the end of
this week.

If you'd like to finally make that film you've been talking about and get
step by step instructions on how to turn your film project into a reality,
check out the workshop:

http://www.gorillafilmschool.com/online-filmmaking-workshop/
<https://el2.convertkit-mail2.com/c/preview/e0hph0/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nb3JpbGxhZmlsbXNjaG9vbC5jb20vb25saW5lLWZpbG1tYWtpbmctd29ya3Nob3Av>

-Brian Bowers