[NEohioPAL] Second weekend for the critically acclaimed "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" begins tonight

Fred Gloor fgloor at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu May 10 08:19:22 PDT 2018

"This 1780s tale has some of the most fraught sexual tension I've seen played out on a stage, considering everyone's fully covered up by Jasen Smith's incredible period costumes"
"Kern is most mesmerizing during a speech in which Merteuil talks about taking charge of her own sexual power at an early age." Kerry Clawson - The Akron Beacon Journal
Read the entire review here: https://bit.ly/2I88PTg

Sex, intrigue, betrayal, and revenge!
Weathervane Playhouse brings Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons) to the stage.

AKRON- in Choderlos de Laclos' Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons), two lovers conspire to ruin the reputation of a young innocent. As their games of seduction become more intricate, the stakes become higher than either could imagine.

In 1782, Laclos' novel of sex, intrigue, and betrayal in pre-revolutionary France scandalized the world.  Now Weathervane brings this tale of seduction and decadent morality amongst the wealthy aristocrats of pre-revolutionary France to the Founders Theater from May 3-20.  Show times are Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.  Tickets are $10 - $22 and can be ordered by calling the box office at 330-836-2626 or going to www.weathervaneplayhouse.com<http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com>.

On Thursday, May 10 Weathervane is hosting a "Parents Night." Parents can enjoy a night out to see the show and the kids will get to take a theatre class!  Children ages 3-12 will enjoy different theatre games and activities with our professional Weathervane Instructors. Kids will check-in at 7:00 p.m. and check-out right after bows! One child is $10.00 and two is $15.00. Purchase your tickets for the show through our Box Office prior to registering your child.

Director Craig Joseph says of the production, "I think the play is about how terrifying it is to love and be loved. How unsettling it can be. How it undoes us. And how we respond to that undoing - fighting against it or allowing ourselves to be remade into something new for the beloved. Although we initially revel, as audience members, in the naughty behavior, the story carries some pretty clear warnings and consequences for wickedness and folly."
AUDIENCE ADVISORY: Les Liaisons Dangereuses contains adult themes and is therefore not suitable for young children. Les Liaisons Dangereuses is presented through special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. The videotaping or other video or audio recording of this production is strictly prohibited.

THE CAST

La Marquise de Merteuil
NATALIE KERN

Madame de Volanges
MEG HOPP

Cecile Volanges
ADRIENNE JONES

Le Vicomte de Valmont
CODY KILPATRICK STEELE

Azolan
STEPHEN BERG

Madame de Rosemonde
LINDA RYAN

La Presidente de Tourvel
OLIVIA WIMBERLY

Emilie
MARYBETH KNODE

Le Chevalier Danceny
JOHN PETERS

Major-Domo
ANDY SIMMONS

 THE CREATIVE TEAM

CRAIG JOSEPH
Director

MARTHA KALTENBACH
Stage Manager

AL COSTA
Scenic Designer

SCOTT K. DAVIS
Properties Designer

KELLIE ROSSINI
Lighting Designer/Master Electrician

HAZEN TOBAR
Sound Designer

JASEN J. SMITH
Costume Designer

RICHARD MORRIS, Jr.
Technical Director

KATHY KOHL
Assistant Technical Director

JOHN DAVIS
Fight Director

###

Weathervane Playhouse's 2017-2018 Season Support Provided by:

Aimee Lambes Photography
AARP
Akron Community Foundation
The Akron/Summit Convention and Visitors Bureau
Beatrice K. McDowell Family Fund of Akron Community Foundation
The Big Love Network
Best Buy
Clear Gold Audio and Lighting
Mary and Dr. George L. Demetros Charitable Trust
Margaret Dietz
Corinne L. Dodero Foundation for the Arts & Sciences
The Fairlawn Chamber of Commerce
GAR Foundation
The Gay Community Endowment Fund
Kenneth L. Calhoun Charitable Trust (KeyBank, Trustee)
The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation
Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC
Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond Magazine
Ohio Arts Council
OMNOVA Solutions Foundation
The O'Neill Foundation
Peg's Foundation
The Ritchie Memorial Foundation
Siebert Keck Insurance
The Smith Memorial Foundation
Roush Memorial Fund of the Akron Community Foundation
The Weathervane Playhouse Volunteer Guild
The Estate of Vaughn Austin
Visit Mickey Vacations
WKSU 89.7 FM