[NEohioPAL] Western Reserve Playhouse Looking for Original Scripts!

B W montecount at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 09:01:58 PDT 2018

Western Reserve Playhouse is pleased to announce the second-annual 80 Minutes New Works Festival!

We are currently seeking original, unpublished plays to be featured in the festival. If the play that is being submitted has been previously performed (outside of a staged reading or a workshop), please include that information with your submission.

Our theme for 2018 is Holidays - any holiday: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Mother's/Father's Day, Boxing Day...

Submissions are open now and the deadline for submitting is October 31st 2018 at 12:59 PM EST. We are currently only seeking submissions from local playwrights (Northeast Ohio), but if there are any questions about that, please contact us.

Guidelines:

1. The play must run 15 - 20 minutes long. The maximum is 20 minutes.

2. The maximum number of actors involved in each play is 4. If there are additional characters that will be doubled, please indicate that information on the character list.

3. The play must be set inside a house, to utilize the set that will be existing on our stage.

4. Please include the following information in the Word Document or PDF: Name, Mailing Address, E-Mail Address, Phone Number. Please also include a short synopsis and a list of characters.

5. Please submit your play as an attachment to an e-mail, sent to submissions at westernreserveplayhouse.org. Please put "2018 80 Minutes Submission" in the Subject Line.

6. There is no fee for submission, but we ask that each playwright send no more than two scripts.

7. If the playwright's script is chosen for the New Works Festival, the playwright grants Western Reserve Playhouse three (3) royalty-free performances in November/December 2018.