[NEohioPAL] Lakeland seeks PRODUCTION STAGE MANAGER for A Little Night Music

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:58:49 PDT 2018

*Lakeland Theatre*

* is seeking a*

*Production Stage Manager*

*for*

*A Little Night Music*

Music and Lyrics by

*Stephen Sondheim*

 Book by

*Hugh Wheeler*

Directed by *Martin Friedman*

 Musical Direction by *Jordan Cooper *

Sound Designed by *Eric Simna *

 Lighting Designed by *Adam Ditzel  Costumes Designed by *
* Kelsey Tomlinson*

*The Play:*

*A Little Night Music* was the first play my parents took me too on
Broadway (a double feature with *The Sunshine Boys*) in 1973. Indeed, this
will be my 50th directed production at Lakeland Theatre. While I was only
20 years old, the story immediately captured my attention;  unrequited
love, beautiful melodies and a total lack of misunderstanding amongst all
the characters… now that was drama! Based on the Ingmar Bergman film *Smiles
of a Summer Night*, this musical with a book by Hugh Wheeler, concerns
three mismatched couples. Desiree Armfeldt, an actress, is seeing Count
Carl-Magnus Malcolm who is married to Charlotte Malcolm. Frederik Egerman,
Desiree's past lover, is married to the still-virginal Anne, who is half
his age. Henrik Egerman, Frederik's son who is also a divinity student,
loves his stepmother Anne, who is a year younger than him. Petra, Frederik
and Anne's maid, Madame Armfeldt, Desiree's mother, and Frederica,
Desiree's daughter round out the action which occurs in town and at "A
Weekend in the Country" at Madame Armfeldt's house in the land of the
midnight sun. The musical features a lieder quintet as a Greek chorus.

*Production and Rehearsal Dates:*

*A Little Night Music **will open on Friday, September 7 and run through
Sunday September 30, 2018. There will be twelve (12) shows; that is FOUR
(4) weeks of performances.  Rehearsals will begin in early August, late
July and will be based upon your schedules. I understand summer vacations
may, and will, intercede. Regular rehearsals will be regularly scheduled
beginning on August 26 and will run Monday thru Sundays according to your
schedules and holidays. *

For more information please feel free to contact me, Martin Friedman at
martinfriedman98 at gmail.com or at 216/233-5441.