[NEohioPAL] Audiences and critics are raving about "Into the Woods" at Weathervane Playhouse

Fred Gloor fgloor at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu Jun 14 08:35:16 PDT 2018

Akron Beacon Journal Review   https://www.ohio.com/akron/entertainment/arts/review

And Audience Members:

"Scenery is great, acting fantastic and the costumes were incredible."

"Into the Woods was excellent!"

"I loved the show!"
<https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reaction/profile/browser/?ft_ent_identifier=1955568394517265_1955744704499634&av=209196262487829>

<https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reaction/profile/browser/?ft_ent_identifier=1955568394517265_1955744704499634&av=209196262487829>

"The light is getting dimmer... I think I see a glimmer!"
Weathervane Playhouse is set to take audiences Into the Woods

AKRON- Get ready for an epic fairytale about wishes, family, and the choices we make as Weathervane Playhouse gets set to take audiences Into the Woods. James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim's Tony Award-winning book and score take everyone's favorite storybook characters and bring them together for a timeless, enchanting, relevant, modern classic.

Into the Woods plays in the Founders Theater through - July 1.  Show times are Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.  Tickets are $10 - $26 and can be ordered by calling the box office at 330-836-2626 or going to www.weathervaneplayhouse.com<http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com>.  The Weathervane Playhouse production of Into the Woods is made possible by generous donations from SeibertKeck Insurance Partners and the Akron/Summit Convention and Visitor Bureau.

The story follows a Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King's Festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a Witch's curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse. Everyone's wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later with disastrous results.

During the run of Into the Woods, Weathervane is hosting a "Parents Night" on June 14. Parents can enjoy a night out to see the show and the kids will get to take a theatre class!  Children ages 3-12 will enjoy different theatre games and activities with our professional Weathervane instructors. Kids will check-in at 7:00 p.m. and check-out right after bows! One child is $10.00 and two is $15.00. Purchase your tickets for the show through our Box Office prior to registering your child.   Reservations are required for Parents Night.
Melanie Y.C. Pepe, Weathervane's Chief Executive Artistic Director, directs this production and says of the show "Life is about going 'Into the Woods'.  As we grow up, we find the courage to face the unknown - both 'excited and scared' we hope for the best!  With our friends and family by our side, we tackle temptation, experience the joys of fulfilled dreams, and suffer the tragedies of dreams dashed.  Doing it to a fantastic musical score is just a bonus.

THE CAST

Narrator/Mysterious Man
ALAN KLESH

Narrator
JASON DAVIS

Cinderella
MELISSA TIPPIN

Jack
SAM JUNGMAN

Jack's mother
ADRIENNE SMEDLEY

Baker
ADAM ALDERSON

Baker's Wife
AMANDA VIGNEAULT

Cinderella's Stepmother
JENNIFER KUBINSKI

Florinda
ABIGAIL LYMAN

Lucinda
VANESSA YOVANOVICH

Cinderella's Father
GARY DAVIS

Red Riding Hood
VICTORIA BENYO

Witch
ALEXANDRA VANALLEN

Wolf
GEORGE CSANYI

Granny/Giant's Voice
HARRIET DEVETO

Rapunzel
HEATHER CURTIS

Rapunzel's Prince
GREGORY HOFMEISTER

Cinderella's Prince
MICHAEL MOYSEENKO

Steward
MATTHEW HOGAN

Cinderella's Mother
ADRIENNE SMEDLEY

Snow White
EMILY CONTI

Sleeping Beauty
SASHA DESBERG
MABEL MINELLI JENNINGS

THE CREATIVE TEAM

MELANIE Y.C. PEPE
Director

KEVIN LAMBES
Assistant Director/Choreographer

JOHN EBNER
Musical Director

JEANNIE CLARKSON
Stage Manager

BRYSON LAMBES
Assistant Stage Manager

PAMELA PARKS COSTA & AYRON LORD
Properties Co-Designers

CHRISTOPHER PEPE
Sound Designer

ASSISTANT SOUND DESIGNER
Katie Rowland

JASEN J. SMITH
Costume Designer

RICHARD MORRIS, JR.
Scenic/Lighting Designer/Technical Director

KATHY KOHL
Assistant Technical Director

KELLIE ROSSINI
Master Electrician

###

Weathervane Playhouse's 2017-2018 Season Support Provided by:

Aimee Lambes Photography
AARP
Akron Community Foundation
The Akron/Summit Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Barbara D. Mathews Ladybug Fund of Akron Community Foundation
Beatrice K. McDowell Family Fund of Akron Community Foundation
The Big Love Network
Best Buy
Clear Gold Audio and Lighting
Mary and Dr. George L. Demetros Charitable Trust
Margaret Dietz
Corinne L. Dodero Foundation for the Arts & Sciences
The Fairlawn Chamber of Commerce
GAR Foundation
The Gay Community Endowment Fund
Kenneth L. Calhoun Charitable Trust (KeyBank, Trustee)
The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation
Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC
Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond Magazine
Ohio Arts Council
OMNOVA Solutions Foundation
The O'Neill Foundation
Peg's Foundation
The Ritchie Memorial Foundation
SeibertKeck Insurance Partners
The Smith Memorial Foundation
Roush Memorial Fund of the Akron Community Foundation
The Weathervane Playhouse Volunteer Guild
The Estate of Vaughn Austin
Visit Mickey Vacations
WKSU 89.7 FM