[NEohioPAL] Latitudes Poetry in Akron--June 20 and 21!!

Theresa Gottl Brightman tmgottl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:47:27 PDT 2018

*Latitudes Poetry Night* takes place *every 3rd Wednesday of the month* at
Compass Coffee (647 E. Market, Akron, OH 44304) at 7pm.

On *June 20*, we'll be hosting Greg Milo.

Greg is the author of Rebooting Social Studies. The education—minded book
includes strategies for teachers to take their students beyond the four
stifling walls of the classroom in order to engage actively in the content.
He recently contributed to The Akron Anthology with a story on Akron’s
homeless population, which he hung out with after co-founding the homeless
outreach program Project HOPE.
Greg enjoys putting his writing to music. His 2018 album release In Search
Of can be found on Bandcamp. His self-proclaimed embarrassing earlier album
Blingin’ Ohio Beauty (under the name 8 Eyes) can be found on iTunes.

During the summer months, we will also be hosting poetry events at Bluff
Blue Door Gallery (152 Bluff St, Akron, OH 44304) during the Third Thursday
Art Walks.  *Thursday, June 21 beginning at 5pm*, we will host an
ekphrastic workshop based on the art of Kit Freund at Bluff.