[NEohioPAL] Paid feature film casting call for Spunsilk

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Wed Jun 20 06:59:31 PDT 2018

Paid feature film casting call:

I’m currently only involved in the capacity as the casting director for
a feature film planned to start in production this August or potentially
later (Note: this is not my project).

all roles listed below are paid, currently we do not know if this is
going to be an union film or not but we welcome all to consider submit.

Please do not send me email or message regarding the roles, best to
check out the audition form and email your questions to
spunsilkthemovie at gmail.com (same email for your headshots/comps)

Open to all races except for what indicated below. Casting for the
following main roles:

TANE, male, Ohio State representative- age 35-48, height 5'8' to 6'1"
Caucasian, good posture, in good shape, decent look, classy, can be
playful, can show Authority.

SHEA , male, engineer- age 30-45, height 5'8' to 6' 1", good posture, in
good shape, decent look, classy, mature and confident body language, but
can be playful.

MR. SPUNSILK FATHER, male, age 60-70, good posture, classy, fit.

SPURLOIN, male, age 30-48, naturally goofy and funny, can make the
audience laugh (in a good way) by his gestures and the way he talks
without trying to be funny.

KIN, male, age 30-40, intelligent, decent look, in good shape.

MR. SPUNSILK'S HELPER, male, age 30-45, strong, in good shape, be able
to carry Mr. Spunsilk while running a short distance.

SU, Asian female, age 35-45, in good shape.

TAMILA, male, 30-40, manipulative seductive with an evil streak, decent
look and in good shape.

BRUCE, male, age 30-60, comedic and funny on screen.

UNKEMPT MAN, street thug at the trail, age 38-50, ability to know how to
fall. Basic stunt.

Minor roles

TOM, undercover cop, age 30-50, authoritative, fit.
JOHN, male, age 40-60, look healthy, in good shape.
DON, male, age 30- 60, personable, easy to approach.
MELVIN, male, age 38-55, a busy businessman type.
LINDA, female, age 40-60.
LINDA'S HUSBAND, male, age 40-60.
LANDLORD - age 35-60.
HOMELESS MAN - age 35-60, thin, can show feeling well.
THE HOUSEKEEPER, female, age 30-45

About the movie Spunsilk:

The story is centered around a Thai woman who moved from Thailand to
Ohio with her American stepfather after her mother passed away. She went
to AZ to study and becomes a Naturopathic doctor. Then she moved back to
Ohio to take care of her stepfather. After getting caught practicing
certain things which are not allowed, she determines for Ohio to license
naturopathic doctors because she believes in freedom. Because she is a
Thai, the story will present the contrast of original eastern culture
and western culture about approaching health, disease, cure,
relationship, ways of thinking in an entertaining and inspiring way.
(that what we try to achieve) It's a drama, romance with a good sense of
humor.

Audition form with roles details at: https://bit.ly/spunsilk

#spunsilkthemovie