[NEohioPAL] Casting DAVE for The Full Monty

Jon Tisevich jontisevich at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 08:25:43 PDT 2018

The Full Monty; the role of DAVE
Non-Union; paid role

The Players Guild Theatre
Producing Artistic Director: Joshua Erichsen

Now casting for the role of DAVE in The Full Monty, by Tony Award winners David Yazbek and Terrence McNally.

Dave Bukatinsky - (Male, Any Ethnicity, 30s-40s) Definitive sidekick. Very much a man’s man, but more of a follower than a leader. Overweight, self-conscious about his size. Desperate for direction and purpose. His marriage is on the rocks and his friendships are strained.  Ultimately overcomes his struggles of self worth and identity. Strong actor/singer. Bari-Tenor. Non-union, paid role.

Based on the 1997 film, The Full Monty centers around 6 men struggling to find themselves after a steel mill shuts down leaving them unemployed and searching for their identity. In the process, these 6 men triumph over their failures, their fears, AND their clothes. Monty shines a spotlight on the internal battles of body issues, self worth, and identity that men, YES MEN, and women struggle with daily. This show pushes each of us to “go all the way” (the Full Monty) in our personal lives, our relationships, and in our inhibitions and fears.

The Full Monty is scheduled to open August 10th and will run through September 2nd. Performances on Fridays and Saturdays at 8p, Sundays at 2p. Rehearsals begin July 1st.

Those interested, please contact the Director at jonathantisevich at gmail.com <mailto:jonathantisevich at gmail.com>. Please submit a headshot and resume, if available.

The Players Guild Theatre is located at 1001 Market Ave N, Canton, OH 44702.
www.playersguildtheatre.com