[NEohioPAL] Last Weekend To See Rarely Performed Shakespeare - FREE

keith kornajcik keithkorn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:34:08 PDT 2018

The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival concludes the first show of our 21st
season of bringing FREE Shakespeare in the Park to neighborhoods all over
Northeast Ohio this weekend.

In "Troilus and Cressida": Romance is dangerous in a time of war. The young
soldier Troilus and his beloved Cressida are driven apart by forces beyond
their control, and vengeance can raise its head from the most surprising of
corners. A timeless and troubling tale, told with wit, pathos, and style.

Director David Hansen's modern re-imagining of the Bard's seldom performed
tale of the Trojan war plays the following venues this weekend:
Friday, June 29: Lincoln Park, Tremont <https://goo.gl/maps/FN723wJ8tE12>
Saturday, June 30: Garfield Historic Site, Mentor
<https://goo.gl/maps/xEis9fkRYYo>
Sunday, July 1: Public Square, Downtown Cleveland
<https://goo.gl/maps/LkZUfGuZSUR2>

All performances begin at 7 p.m. Bring a blanket or a lawn chair (and, of
course, a picnic)!

The second show of our touring season, "Twelfth Night" directed by Anne
McEvoy opens July 20. Please visit cleveshakes.org for dates and locations.