[NEohioPAL] 2 days to see 2 new plays! PLAYground Weekend 1 starts tomorrow!

TCT Intern mi.talespinnerchildrenstheatre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 10:05:53 PDT 2018

*PLAYground 2018: 2 & 7PM July 7, 8, 14 & 15 New Script Workshops!*

Over the next two weeks, teams of actors, directors and playwrights will
come together to perform FOUR new scripts as public readings! Come
experience a TCT script from the very beginning as we "workshop" the words
of our 2018 PLAYground winners! Scripts from this program have the chance
to be produced on the TCT Main Stage (just like our last show, The Princess
& The Nightingale (A Tale of Thailand)! Visit our website for details.
<https://talespinnerchildrenstheatre.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1447f8d5344d47eb974389039&id=9dbf370055&e=104afae31a>

PLAYground gives Cleveland-area writers of all experience levels a chance
to put their original works for children up on the TCT stage! Four selected
scripts are workshopped for a week and script-in-hand readings are
performed for an audience over two weeks in July. Plays submitted to
PLAYground may be considered for future, full-stage production by TCT.

*PLAYground 2018 Weekend 1 lineup:*

Vasilisa & the Witchfire
by Adam Hoffman <https://www.facebook.com/adamhoff73?fref=mentions>
directed by Kelly Elliott
<https://www.facebook.com/kellyaelliott?fref=mentions>
Saturday 7/7 2pm
Sunday 7/8 7pm

Momotaro the Peach Boy
by Sam Dee <https://www.facebook.com/areyoumynewdad?fref=mentions>
directed by Carrie Williams
<https://www.facebook.com/carrie.williams.7355079?fref=mentions>
Saturday 7/7 7pm
Sunday 7/8 2pm

*Stay & Play Weekend:*
Join us at 2PM July 20, 21 & 22 for our first ever STAY & PLAY WEEKEND! We
are so excited to welcome you to a summer bash - kick back and PLAY with
TCT and the cast of "Jan & The Trickster (A Polish Tale of Magic)" after
their short production of our 2018 Traveling Show!

About "Jan & The Trickster (A Polish Tale of Magic)"
Runtime: 25 minutes
By Krysia Orlowski
Directed by Charles Hargrave
Costume Design by Alison Garrigan & Melanie Boeman
Puppet Design by Alison Garrigan

Summary of the Tale:
Jan yearns for independence from their parents - the overprotective King
and Queen, but gets more than they bargain for from Kostiei, the trickster
king of the enchanted forest. Jan teams up with a mysteriously magical new
friend to outsmart Kostiei. They work together to perform feats of magic
and solve riddles to try and best the old trickster, but when their
friendship is put to the test, can Jan learn the true meaning of friendship
in time to save them all?

Marketing and Box Office
Talespinner Children's Theatre

*2018 Season:*

*The Oba Asks For a Mountain** (A Tale of Nigeria)* April 7 - 29
By Gail Nyoka, Directed by Chennelle Byrant Harris, Movement by Andrea
Belser

*The Princess and the Nightingale (A Tale of Thailand)* June 9 - July 1
By Marian Fairman, Directed by Tim Maca, Movement and Music by Devon Turchan

*Jan and the Trickster (A Traveling Tale of Poland)/Stay & Play Matinees * July
20-22
By Krysia Orlowski, Directed by Charles Hargrave

*The Boy Who Stole the Sun (An Inuit Creation Tale)* Sept. 15 - Oct. 7
In partnership with L.E.N.A.C., Adapted & Directed by Alison Garrigan

*A Song in the Flame (A Tale of Israel) *Nov. 24 - Dec. 16
By Margi Herwald Zitelli, Directed by Alison Garrigan, Movement by
Stephanie Wilbert

Reinberger Auditorium | 5209 Detroit Ave. - Cleveland, Ohio 44102 |
216.264.9680
www.talespinnerchildrenstheatre.org