[NEohioPAL] Casting Call for short-film

Morgan Shellenberger mlshellenberger at student.cia.edu
Sat Jul 7 13:15:37 PDT 2018

*Casting CallIf interested please contact: Phone - 330 618-4895 Email -
Mlshellenberger at student.cia.edu <Mlshellenberger at student.cia.edu>Looking
for female actors between ages 17 and 25 *can pass as a college freshman*
for a short-film production. My name is Dagen and I am a senior video/film
major at the Cleveland Institute of Art working on my final thesis project
(a film… this film).   Dates: Location is available to film in from July
24th through August 3rd. Will need approx. 45 cumulative hours of time from
actors in that window (example: 5 days at 8.5 hours per day).Compensation:
As a college student I am having to work on an entirely self funded budget.
I can offer each actor $150 for the estimated time of production. If
reshoots are needed or if we need to go over that estimated time limit then
I will offer each actor an additional $50 per day (1 day = 4 to 10 hours).
There will be food provided for every 5 hours of production time per day
(example: 8 hours of production = 1 meal, 10 hour of production time for a
day = 2 meals). Each meal will have a half hour of time allotted to it
(which does not count towards the total hours of production time).Times to
audition: Tuesday - Thursday (10th - 12th) from 2-4 p.m. at the Cleveland
Institute of Art. I am available for auditions later then that but it will
have to be somewhere other than at CIA. But I want to be flexible to
people’s time so if interested in a different time please contact me.  The
Film: Arriving at art college as a fresh faced freshman, Mia feels
inadequate as compared to her more talented and more outgoing roommates. A
slow spiral begins as Mia’s struggles with self confidence in her work
which leads to a deterioration of her talents, which further brings down
her self image, which comes back around to her confidence. Afraid of
appearing weak next to her (seemingly) well adjusted roommates, Mia
retreats from their company and offers of assistance. This film highlights
the difficulty of transitioning a creative interest from a hobby to a
professional pursuit. The pressure to perform and loss of emotional outlet
throws the individual off balance as it makes them more vulnerable to
outside influences due to the loss of their internal method of emotional
processing that the creative outlet provided. 2 Roles available:(inquire
about audition lines for each role separately) 1. Aurora - An antisocial
snarky Illustrator. She is the most technically talented of the roommates
(and knows it) and is bored by the easiness of the early courses they are
required to take. Her academic boredom and antisocial behavior often gives
off the impression of being cold or rude. She especially doesn’t enjoy how
needlessly loud and hyper her other roomates get and even takes a bit of
pleasure in pushing some of their buttons. She also has a subconscious
habit of leaning intimidatingly in open doorways. 2. Ann - The most
socially outgoing of the roomates, she is high energy and high enthusiasm.
She likes being out in public and hates being alone so she looks to drag
people out of the dorm as often as possible. However, she is terrible at
reading the temperature of a room and nearly incapable of empathizing with
others emotions. So often her lively positive nature causes more harm than
good, but she is then blissfully unaware of the harm she has caused. She is
also most certainly not a morning person and is incapable of carrying on a
coherent conversation before 9 A.M.*