[NEohioPAL] Lake Erie College auditions for MURDER BY POE Aug 22-24

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:23:47 PDT 2018

LAKE ERIE COLLEGE Department of theatre announces auditions for our fall show

MURDER BY POE by Jeffrey Hatcher

This thriller is adapted from 7 different Poe stories, which Hatcher has blended together into one terrifying mystery.

Auditions will be Aug 22 and 23 from 4-6 with callbacks Aug 24 at 6. Or, by appointment.  Contact Dr. Jaffe at <jjaffe at lec.edu>.  Auditions will be a combination of cold readings and improvisation.  Accents--especially French accents--are important tot his show.

This play involves a large cast of characters and will include some double and triple casting as needed.  Everyone is welcome to audition.

Here is a summary of the parts:

The Two leads:

WOMAN --called simply "the woman" she comes upon the House of Usher lost on a stormy night

Dupin--a French detective (must do a French accent)

The main Ensemble:

Cat--based the protagonist from "The Black Cat" and a murderer

Heart--based upon the protagonist from"The Telltale heart" and a murderer

Roderick Usher--man whose house it is, a tortured and sensitive soul

William Wilson--another murderer

Characters with a french accent:

The Inspector--helps Dupin on a case

The Zoo Man--a suspect in a murder

The Prefect--an aid to the Queen

The Queen--comes to Dupin for help

The Minister--a poet who is blackmailing the Queen

The Accent Actor--a fun role, this actor must do 5 different accents all within 1 page of dialogue

Smaller parts:

An Old man--a murder victim

Cat's Wife--a murder victim

"Pluto"--a person who plays the actual black cat

Policeman 1 & 2--they are involved in investigating Cat and Heart

Mrs. Clemm-a housekeeper

Some extras needed for:  Tortured victims, dead men and women, police, guards, waiters, and others

^^^As you can see, there are many parts and we would LOVE to have you audition!!

SHOW DATES:  Nov 1-4 & 8-11, 7:30 shows except 4 and 11 are matinees at 2pm.

Questions, concerns, or to schedule an audition, contact Dr. Jaffe <jjaffe at lec.edu>.

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR