[NEohioPAL] Akron poetry! Wednesday and Thursday!

Theresa Gottl Brightman tmgottl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:22:40 PDT 2018

*Latitudes Poetry Night!  Workshop plus open mic!*

*Wednesday, August 15, 7pm*
*Compass Coffee (at The Well)*
*647 E. Market Street, Akron, OH  44304*

Latitudes will be hosting a workshop for our August event!

Bring 10-12 copies of a rough draft you would like to workshop.  Please
make sure your poem is one page or shorter to allow for time.  We welcome
poets of all skill levels, beginners to published writers!

*The workshop will begin promptly at 7pm, and our open mic will begin
shortly after 8pm.  Join us for the workshop, open mic, or both!*

Latitudes Poetry Night takes place every 3rd Wednesday of the month at
Compass Coffee, starting at 7pm.

*Latitudes on the Move!  Featuring Jamie Keaton and Dani Oliver *

*Thursday, August 16, 7pm*

*Bluff Blue Door Gallery **152 Bluff St, Akron, OH 44304*

Our next summer poetry session at Bluff Blue Door Gallery will feature
Jamie Keaton and Dani Oliver!

It's summer time, so let's have a double feature! On 16August, we will be
hosting two local poets: Jamie Keaton and Dani Oliver...

*Jamie Keaton*
“My mama used to say if you can’t find something to live for you best find
something to die for” (Tupac Shakur). Jamie is a spoken word poet,
activist, student, and actor studying criminal justice and political
science. They have a passion for giving a voice to the voiceless - fighting
against the oppression of black people, LGBT folks, Women, and immigrants.

*Dani Oliver*
Dani is a non-binary turnip, marinated in feelings and lemon zest. They
like to hide in streams and under rocks. During the day, you'll likely find
them studying French and sociology at The University of Akron. Their work
is ethereal and sentimental with a dash of grit.