[NEohioPAL] LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: Summer Lighting, Set Painting and Construction Workshops

Gary Maher gmaher at windstream.net
Wed Aug 15 11:06:41 PDT 2018

Hudson Players Announce Our Summer Theater Workshop Tech Series
In an effort to share knowledge, improve our craft, and help others improve
theirs, we are proud to offer our first Summer Workshop series. These are a
series of one day, low cost workshops with area experts in different areas
of tech. Registration is only $25 per workshop and includes lunch. All
classes will take place at the Barlow Community Center. Our first three
workshops are as follows:

Beginning Lighting Design
Sunday, August 19th - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Instructor: T.L. Codella
This workshop will cover the various considerations that need to be factored
in when creating a lighting design for a show. Topics will include: lighting
angles and their effects on actors and the set, Beginning color theory,
Basic lighting calculations as they relate to design (getting the stage
bright enough and avoiding dark spots), Functions and properties of light
and Talking design (how to communicate your design). Workshop will include
hands on, demo, and lecture. Workshop length is six hours with a provided
lunch break. Space is limited to 10 attendees.

Scene Painting Workshop
Sunday, August 19th - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Instructor: Todd Plone
The workshop will cover basic techniques and skills necessary in scenic
painting. Topics include: shop set-up, tools, basic faux finishes such as
wood, marble and wall coverings, as well as washes and glazes. Workshop
difficulty is beginner/intermediate. Please dress appropriately. This is a
hands-on, practical workshop and we will be painting. Workshop length is six
hours with a provided lunch break.

Set Construction Workshop
Saturday, August 18th - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Instructor: Todd Plone
Topics covered in the workshop include flats, platforms, wagons & moving
scenery as well as setup for a shop and stock scenery inventory and
maintenance. This is a hands-on, practical workshop and we will be building!
Workshop length is six hours with a provided lunch break.

To Register Go To:
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.arts-people.com%2Findex.ph
p%3Fticketing%3Dhudpl&h=AT0qLw9TxVpvFq2oQZn3aMjHVnSpaBVrFfwh9gIDuh7DQEQsNweA
dzdxLhkRcmvTokosCvNghO5kEA82gdSLU9B44xsWftgQDAel90x4qK_q2GxJXPGJ2Y13KUKnHEbI
Sg> https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?ticketing=hudpl

Class sizes are limited.